ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New form 8 requirements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ferocious12

New form 8 requirements

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi All,

I intend to send my application in Oct based on marriage with Irish citizen. One of the requirement of the new form 8 is to send the original passport. I have already booked my flights to travel for 5 weeks. Does anyone know how long do INIS keep the original passport for ?

The second question I have is the form is not clear if we need to send PSC card with the application. Is a copy required to be sent ?

Thanks

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: New form 8 requirements

Post by J_Karim » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Well the new form eu 8 version lunched in this august,so basically all the applicants they are just applying very recently with their original passport.I believe they will give back with the acknowledgment letter but now the acknowledgement letter take sometimes up to 6 weeks and sometimes citizenship dept issued acknowledgment and second letter together, on that case might take nearly 3 month.
Citizenship dept did not say anything clearly about the original passport when they going to give to the applicant.So my advise is once you send your application just write a cover letter regarding your holiday so that they give back your passport on their earliest convenience ..

Regarding your second question if you have the PSC card in your hand just give a colour photo copy of it..and its no harm giving relevant documents
It will help them to get quicker verification for your application
Hope it helps
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:57 pm

many thanks J_K.

Is there anyone with first hand experience ?

Is there a number where I can follow up in case cover letter is ignored for return of the passport ?

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:59 pm

well the new form ..its just stared now from mid august like if any one did submit the application its just too early to get back their passport..

Well just write a cover letter and do attach ur photo copy of ur holiday ticket so that no new question arises,
and in the mean time email them, some of the officers are very reasonable and give you a proper answer about specific query in detail very quickly even in 24 hours..
email: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

by the once you apply for citizenship application they advise not to leave the country..
hope it helps

Regards
J.K

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:22 pm

On the form it states:
11) As and from 19 September 2016 all applicants for a certificate of naturalisation aged 18 or over who are resident
in the State must be registered with the Department of Social Protection for a Public Services Card (PSC).
Does this mean you only have to forward the PSC copy after 19 September?

Also.
Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed,
If you have been resident in the state for more than 9 years, does that mean you have to submit bills for 9 years or for the past five years, (the time period considered for naturalization.)

Kind Regards

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 am

Does this mean you only have to forward the PSC copy after 19 September?

Apparently you are correct. But the form doesn't spell it out that you have to attach a copy or require SPC number either.

If you have been resident in the state for more than 9 years, does that mean you have to submit bills for 9 years or for the past five years, (the time period considered for naturalization.)

"Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed". This is the wording used in the form and it is clear that proofs are only required for the years for which you are claiming residence for i.e. 5 years

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:46 pm

well once you register they will find you in system..
and its no harm give a copy of it along with the application.

Regards
J.K