ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New naturalization form 8 and significant changes

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

New naturalization form 8 and significant changes

Post by madmedman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Dear all. As I am due to apply for naturalization in a few days. i noticed a new form 8 version version 5.5 August 16. There are a number of significant changes that I have noticed;

They now require "Original of your current passport and any previous passports valid during periods of residence in the state, together with photocopy of biometric page of each passport." Does this mean we wont be able to travel for however long they take to make a decision??

Also, now for all applicants;

"Three different proofs of address for each year of residence claimed." Need to dig in and find some papers from the old trash. I will be struggling with my wife's application as she never had any utility bills to her name. Only had a bank account.

And

"As and from 19 September 2016 all applicants for a certificate of naturalisation aged 18 or over who are resident in the State must be registered with the Department of Social Protection for a Public Services Card (PSC)". I am not sure on this one. Does that mean they need to be registered before they are awarded the certificate or this is a requirement for application? EDIT: guess "applicants" mean we now have to be registered in order to apply. I guess I will dodge this one because i am applying this month.

There are certain other changes like certifying your photographs by whoever witnesses your statutory declaration.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: New naturalization form 8 and significant changes

Post by broli » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:34 am

This is an important measure to identify the applicant, protect against fraud and identity theft and uphold the integrity of the Irish naturalisation process. so you must have your PSC card before application do it now

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:02 am

Does this mean we wont be able to travel for however long they take to make a decision??

This even strange considering when i apply my visa will be only 5 month valid remaining.

When are we getting passports back for new visa's

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:54 am

broli wrote:This is an important measure to identify the applicant, protect against fraud and identity theft and uphold the integrity of the Irish naturalisation process. so you must have your PSC card before application do it now
It says PSC will be required from 19th September and i am applying in August so will send my application straightaway. The nearest appointment i am getting for psc is 26th September so i wont bother now.

The point about original passports is difficult to answer. They may probably return them once application assessed in the initial phase. Thats just my guess.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Some terrible Idea regarding new version EU 8 form.
1.The Statutory Application Fee of €175 in the form of a Banker’s Draft only no postal draft. I went to bank for my application they told they dont do bank draft unless its more than 500 euro.
I think they did it,I guess they can verify bank draft quicker than postal order and issue the acknowledgment letter quickly.I think they only proceed once they have the 175 in dept account.

2.Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed, showing your name and address and date
of issue, e.g. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank
statements, revenue letters, social welfare, letter from employment, etc.

it will be very hard for anyone to find 3 proofs of residence for each year instead they could ask one proofs of residence for each year.Like you said have to go to old trash..thats awful.
And its harder when you do not have them on your trash.

3.As and from 19 September 2016 all applicants for a certificate of naturalization aged 18 or over who are resident
in the State must be registered with the Department of Social Protection for a Public Services Card (PSC). This is
an important measure to identify the applicant, protect against fraud and identity theft and uphold the integrity
of the Irish naturalization process.

Well every one better make it now caz it will consume time but once you register they can verify you quicker and approval gets sooner.However its just getting harder.

Finally I believe they will ask even the previous applicant who are still in a process for citizenship application ,for those things which are mentioned in new version of eu 8.
I just do not want it to happen because I did apply already did not get any acknowledgement yet.
One more thing not every one can provide all these documents so my advise is, if you short of any documents write a clear letter and explain but must provide as many as bills or relevant documents to clarify your residency.
Cheers.
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:33 pm

@J_Karim

The biggest worry i have with these changes is that I wont be able to travel or use my passport as ID, Eg for a PSC for however long they will keep it. I hope they will just take copies of the passport and send it back asap. I would also be worried that my passport could get lost and then I will have no choice to get a new one. Our embassy in Dublin have no facility to issue this basic requirement.

But on the bright side, they haven't changed the residency requirements.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:08 pm

kaiser1977
They might found some fraudery thats why they want to see all passport physically and scan under the microscope and I believe they will give the passport back quickly with the acknowledgement.
Well you need to register for social card and it might give you quicker approval because verification will be easier for them.
you said you will apply this month might not needed your social card during that time unless they ask you during the process.
Keep all passport copies or scan them if you have fear of losing.
regards
J_K

Regards
J.K

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 am

So citizenship replied that they will return the passport fairly quickly. I am guessing they will return it with acknowledgment letter.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:38 am

J_Karim wrote:...

2.Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed, showing your name and address and date
of issue, e.g. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank
statements, revenue letters, social welfare, letter from employment, etc.

it will be very hard for anyone to find 3 proofs of residence for each year instead they could ask one proofs of residence for each year.Like you said have to go to old trash..thats awful.
And its harder when you do not have them on your trash.

:idea: Pro tip: in any immigration matters it is always prudent to know the rules and to engineer your life to generate the necessary papertrail ahead of time.
Similarly cultivate professional and other contacts to utilise as future referees etc etc.

This eliminates that last minute panic when 'the Euro drops' and you realise you don't have any supporting evidence, nor suitable countersignatory/referee (or whatever it may be).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:06 pm

kaiser1977
I was kinda right then well i got a feeling citizenship application make delay from this year.
2015 was very good as they were very quicker..
now every one getting the acknowledgment in two month it shows us slow process..
j_k

Regards
J.K

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:48 pm

J_Karim wrote:kaiser1977
I was kinda right then well i got a feeling citizenship application make delay from this year.
2015 was very good as they were very quicker..
now every one getting the acknowledgment in two month it shows us slow process..
j_k
That doesnt bode well for me. I guess they are up to their eyeballs with the number of applications they are dealing with.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:28 pm

prob you are right
but some person gets it very quick and some has to wait very long..
basically all applicants deserve a proper communications.
did you apply eu3 yet>?
J _K

Regards
J.K