ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA Dependant Parents - Accompany or Join type visa C?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sali11

non-EEA Dependant Parents - Accompany or Join type visa C?

Post by sali11 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:32 am

Hi
I am a British Citizen and planning to move to Ireland to exercise my EU Treaty rights to bring my non-EEA parents to Ireland (and eventually to UK via Surrinder singh route). I had been looking at http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family ... 20citizens and it is clear that short stay visa type c is needed initially. The options seem to apply either to "Join EU family member" (who is already in Ireland) or "Accompany EU family member" (who is planning to move to Ireland). The later seems to be simpler and requires less documentation. I have got 3 queries please:

Q1. Does it make any difference in terms of probabilities of getting a visa whether it is to JOIN or ACCOMPANY an EU family member?
Q2. For ACCOMPANY type, to show intention of moving to Ireland, is it just the letter of confirmation/intention that is needed from EU family member?
Q3. Has anyone here used the ACCOMPANY option get their dependant parents to Ireland?

Thanks in advance.

sali11

Re: non-EEA Dependant Parents - Accompany or Join type visa

Post by sali11 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi
Just wondering if anyone used the ACCOMPANY short stay C visa for their parents and/or spouse?
THanks

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:24 pm

I have applied for accompany Eu spouse 4 month ago, and still my application has not been exaimned yet,

sali11

Post by sali11 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 pm

umairks123 wrote:I have applied for accompany Eu spouse 4 month ago, and still my application has not been exaimned yet,
Thanks for the response. I have got another question for you if you could help me with that please.
I am currently filling up short stay visa c form (ACCOMPANY) for my dependent parents. I live in UK and am planning to move to Ireland to exercise my Treaty rights as soon as my parents' visa is granted. The application form asks for "Contact details for Contact / Host in Ireland." and without filling this information, it does not proceed further. I just wanted to ask what did you put in there since you also applied for ACCOMPANY visa and I am assuming you were not in Ireland at the time of application?

Thanks

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Any one please am also looking for answer for my brother application.

Thanks

kbriaz
Newly Registered

Post by kbriaz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Guys,

What docs are required for Type C from Pakistan ? ( for my brother )

What visa to apply after he arrives in Ireland with Type C ?

Can he come to UK & work ?

Thanks & sorry for the trouble.

Regards
Kash

bristol14
Newly Registered

Post by bristol14 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:22 pm

One in Ireland apply for Eu family member residence card. See details at the links below

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... 061115.pdf

bristol14
Newly Registered

Post by bristol14 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:24 pm

BTW, did you apply visit visa c for your family member?

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:05 pm

My father in-law recently applied for Short Visit visa (Type C) as family member of EU citizen. Technically, documents showing/confirming relationship should be enough. I only had to submit my passport, marriage certificate and documents to confirm that I am resident in ROI.

Processing time for visit visa for family members of EU citizen is 4 weeks I believe. My father in-law should get his passport back within the next 2 weeks and I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.
Life is a journey.........

bristol14
Newly Registered

Post by bristol14 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks for replying.

I understand that proof of residency / employment in Ireland is not required in principle. I read on this forum that we have to prove dependency for any qualified family member except spouse. Did you submit any documents to show dependency?

Please keep us updated with the outcome of your family member application. Good luck.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:46 pm

mrworld9 wrote:My father in-law recently applied for Short Visit visa (Type C) as family member of EU citizen. Technically, documents showing/confirming relationship should be enough.
That may be correct for spouse or children under the age of 21, but it is certainly not the case for dependent parents.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:08 pm

mrworld9 wrote:My father in-law recently applied for Short Visit visa (Type C) as family member of EU citizen. Technically, documents showing/confirming relationship should be enough. I only had to submit my passport, marriage certificate and documents to confirm that I am resident in ROI.

Processing time for visit visa for family members of EU citizen is 4 weeks I believe. My father in-law should get his passport back within the next 2 weeks and I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.
Hi mrworl9,

Good luck with the application, but please note it took us 16 weeks to get a response back for parents,

All the best

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Obie wrote:
mrworld9 wrote:My father in-law recently applied for Short Visit visa (Type C) as family member of EU citizen. Technically, documents showing/confirming relationship should be enough.
That may be correct for spouse or children under the age of 21, but it is certainly not the case for dependent parents.
For dependent parent you will have to proof the dependency either financial or medical with concrete proof.

if successful they will get a short Stay Type C visit visa which can be extended once in Ireland.

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi folks,

Just to let the house know that my father in law's visa was approved on Jan.27th, exactly 6 weeks after the application was submitted.

I plan to submit my parents' application at the end of this month. I will keep you guys posted as usual.

Have a great week!!

roxyali3005

Post by roxyali3005 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:54 am

mrworld9 wrote:Hi folks,

Just to let the house know that my father in law's visa was approved on Jan.27th, exactly 6 weeks after the application was submitted.

I plan to submit my parents' application at the end of this month. I will keep you guys posted as usual.

Have a great week!!
How did u get a response so quick I've been waiting 5 months exactly today ; (

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Roxyali3005,

Did you apply under the EU Directive? From where did u apply? Type C visa application under EU Directive should never take 5 months under any circumstance. You may need to lodge a complaint.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:13 pm

@chrissmaster, I have moved your posts about family reunification in Germany to its own thread to avoid confusion:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 03121.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

roxyali3005

Post by roxyali3005 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:16 pm

mrworld9 wrote:Hi Roxyali3005,

Did you apply under the EU Directive? From where did u apply? Type C visa application under EU Directive should never take 5 months under any circumstance. You may need to lodge a complaint.
Hi we applied from Karachi Pakistan for my in laws and yes under type C visa. What can I do to chase this or contact?

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:07 am

mrworld9 wrote:Hi folks,

Have a great week!!
hi friend

i m british citizen in ireland with my non eu spouse.
she is got temp stamp4 till june
i am planning to invite my parents and mother in law,brother.
did you father in law apply c visa under directive 2004 38 ec to join eu citizen or just family short visit visa ?
how did you prove that your father depend on you financially or medically?
do i have to show the embassy money transfer?
can you provide me lists of documents that you have sent to embassy supporting your father in law case?
thank your for answering

HRH

Post by HRH » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14 am

mrworld9 wrote:Hi Roxyali3005,

Congrats mrworld9 & thanks for sharing your experience.

I applied for D visa for my mother under EU directive in India on 07 Jan'16 & till date, there is no response. Seems that it is probably stuck somewhere in the pile of 7000 applications
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1320773

You mentioned about lodging compliant. Could you possibly or someone shed some light on lodging a complaint?

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:21 am

Hi HRH,

You can contact SOLVIt in first instance, however there is no much help offered due delays caused by Irish authorities.

Based on experience i don't see any affect on complaint lodged etc until a decision of those 7000 applications is received.