ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA national married to U.K. National moving to ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brandont
Newly Registered

Non-EEA national married to U.K. National moving to ireland

Post by brandont » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:40 pm

I am a non-EEA national married to a British citizen wife and we plan on moving to Ireland. What do I need to apply for and how soon can I start working in Ireland? My passport does not require a visa to enter Ireland.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non-EEA national married to U.K. National moving to irel

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Moved to the more appropriate Ireland forum.

What is your wife going to do in Republic of Ireland? She needs to exercise treaty rights for you to have rights.

Is the aim to eventually come back to the UK using the Surinder Singh route or is the move to Ireland permanent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brandont
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EEA national married to U.K. National moving to irel

Post by brandont » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:38 am

My wife will look for employment once we arrive in Ireland, general office admin work.
She has recently claimed British citizenship through the UKM process and has never lived there before.
The plan is to move to Ireland permanently.
How would my wife exercise treaty rights, and how long would it take before I can work (from date of arrival)?
Many thanks for your reply.