ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU citizen visa/EU1 residence card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Christina1116
Newly Registered

Non-EU citizen visa/EU1 residence card

Post by Christina1116 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm a non-EU national (American) married to a British citizen. My husband is in the Republic of Ireland exercising EU treaty rights. I am currently in the UK and planning to join him there and then apply for a EU1 residence card. As an American citizen I don't need a visa to enter Ireland as a visitor/tourist, so can I simply join him there or do I need to get a category C short stay visa if I intend to remain and apply for the residence card?

Thanks.

Lee24
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EU citizen visa/EU1 residence card

Post by Lee24 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:24 am

Enter and join your spouse in Ireland via Northern Ireland. Easiest, fastest method. Apply for a residence card using form EU1 when in the state.

Christina1116
Newly Registered

Post by Christina1116 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Thanks, but it's not that I'm trying to avoid getting the visa, just wanted to know if it's necessary...I'd rather the harder and longer route if that avoids trouble down the road. If I went through Nothern Ireland, I assume I wouldn't have anything documenting how I came into Ireland, would that cause me problems in getting the residence card or the stamp 4?

Lee24
Newly Registered

Post by Lee24 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:23 pm

You can apply for an entry visa at the Irish embassy in London, if you wish, but it serves no point. Entering Ireland via Northern Ireland is perfectly legal, saves time and inconvenience. Flight / ferry / train / bus tickets can be kept as documentary evidence of entry to Ireland. Up to you.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Lee is right, as a US citizen, u r visa free to UK and Ireland and it doesn't make any difference if u enter Ireland via bus / train or by air.

Just keep the proof of your entry into the state i.e. tickets etc. Once u r in Ireland you need to apply for residence card on form EU1, u can get more info about form EU1 on the below link:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU%20Treaty%20Rights

PS: When and where did u got married, i mean in what country ?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 am

What's the point in her entering through Northern Ireland though unless it is her prefered route anyway?

As a US citizen she can easily enter through any airport in the Republic, can she not?

Either way Christiana, you will be allowed to apply for a residence card under EU treaty rights regardless of how you entered the country. I wouldn't be 100% sure that evry border control officer knows about this option through, so if you go through them I would say either come prepared with documentation showing that your husband is here and they can't refuse you or don't mention to them that you are planning to settle here.

Christina1116
Newly Registered

Post by Christina1116 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:24 pm

We got married in Russia. Our marriage certificate has been apostilled and translated/notarized. Will that make a difference?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:41 am

Will not make any difference, All looks good in ur case. Just book ur flight and u can join ur husband in Ireland.

irajaforyou
Newly Registered

Post by irajaforyou » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:24 am

Hi can anybody help me to understand the procedure of EU1 residence card

I am a british citizen applying my wife to join me here in ireland.

As far as i know that she will get short stay 3 months visa.

after her arrival in ireland how sooner can I apply for resident card what documents would I need and how long does it take to receive the resident card. How long is the procedure.
Please help me

Thanks for reading

Regards
Iraja

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 am

What is ur wife's nationality and where is she at the moment ?

If she is applying to join u from another country, she will get a short visa to joing you in Ireland if you are exercising your EU treaty right.

On arrival, you need to apply for her residence card on form EU1.

You can get the details and supporting doc on the below link:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU%20Treaty%20Rights

If any question let me know and yes the processing time of residence card is 6 months.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 am

U would need a PTRB letter on both your names if renting,2 different proof of address together,if sharing with landlord,a letter from the landlord staing the terms.If working,2recent pay slips,if seeking employment,proof of it or Job seeker allowance,if self employed,and u can't get business bank statement 4 ur company and payslip,just order a tax clearance certificate and that would cover it.2 passports photograph for both of u and both ur passports. If u can get all this,u would get 5 urs stay approved for ur wife,but within 5 weeks of submitting,u'll get a letter requesting u to accompany ur wife to receive temporary stamp 4 for a duration of 6 months while decision is made on ur application .

irajaforyou
Newly Registered

Post by irajaforyou » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 pm

CalvinKlien
Hi thanks for your reply and information

My wife is in pakistan.
How long does it take to get EU Residence Card after submitting the EU1 form.

Thanks for the guidence.

irajaforyou
Newly Registered

Post by irajaforyou » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm

janet0001 Thanks for the information

In Pakistan we have only consulate not embassy do you think if I apply for my wife visa will the application get priority for EU short stay visa. I heard that consulate takes longer time to issue visa then embassy.

Is it true.

Thanks again for the information.

Regards

IRAJA

Christina1116
Newly Registered

Post by Christina1116 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Following on this question then, once I have arrived in Ireland, how long do I have to submit the application for the EU1 residence card? It would appear we have to have a permanent address and my spouse will have to have a job, which will take some time to sort out. Do I have the same length of time that I would be allowed to stay in Ireland as a visitor/tourist.

marianna1971
Newly Registered

EU1 changing job during the procedure

Post by marianna1971 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Could somebody please help????
My husband is EU citizen, he got a job and moved to Ireland 9 months ago. Our son (also EU) and I (non EU) moved 3 weeks ago. I applied for res.card and sent all documents to EU treaty rights. 3 days ago, my husband got a notice that his position is going to be closed on 31.1. He found a new job the same day, start day 2.2.
We sent an e-mail to eu treaty rights to explain the situation, and we wrote that we will send the new contract, as soon as we have it signed, but don't know what to do now.
Can all of this complicate my stamp 4, because we sent doc from previous company, with pay slips etc. We will have contract in few days, but he can't have payslips from new company. Is the e-mail sufficiant or we have to send the notice by post....have no idea what to do now

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 am

No need to post the same question in two separate threads.

As long as he has go a contract of employment for the new job, it souldn't be an issue. Just send them the new contract and you will be fine.