ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU spouse right to stay

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ayrtonsenna
Newly Registered

Non EU spouse right to stay

Post by Ayrtonsenna » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi all,

I am an EU citizen working in Ireland and my fiancée is a visa required non EU. Considering that we will marry soon, what are the procedures we have to take to maximize our time together?

At first we were considering to marry in her country. If we do it, we will immediately after apply for the family visa, but it takes too many months and we don't want to be apart all this time. Even if we apply immediately after marriage and she applies for a tourist visa, then she would be allowed to stay in Ireland only for three months.

What happens after these three months? She has to go back to her country and wait for the family visa application to be finished? Would marry in Ireland facilitate anything?

Thank you very much for the help

Obie
Ireland

Re: Non EU spouse right to stay

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

As you are working in Ireland, she will be able to apply for residency, upon the completion of your wedding.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ayrtonsenna
Newly Registered

Re: Non EU spouse right to stay

Post by Ayrtonsenna » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:01 am

Hi Obie, thank you very much for the help!

I've just read about this residence permit in INIS Web page but some points were still not much clear.

1-They said while she is waiting for the permit she can have a type of stamp on her passport allowing her to remain in Ireland while waiting. It doesn't say for sure she will have, just that she may have. In practice they always give this permission to remain?
2- It is said that this application for residence permit may take several months. Can we in parallel apply for the family visa for her or only one thing can be done per time?
3- Right after we get married in her country do I have to do something in Ireland to make it recognizable for the purpose of giving her a C visit visa for spouse? Also, should I "hide" in this C visa application that we will apply for the residence permit? Otherwise it would be against the C visa requirements that she must prove she will return after.