ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Dependent Visa Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HRH

Parents Dependent Visa Ireland

Post by HRH » Thu May 12, 2016 5:37 am

Does anyone have update on D visa.
It's more than 4 months since I applied for D visa for my mum on 07 Jan'16 in India to accompany us in Ireland .
No response from the visa office . Previously they used to send out generic response " Your application is under process & you will be informed once the decision is made" .

All I asked was their opinion if I made a mistake by applying for D visa & should I have applied for C visa instead. They didn't respond, however Reading the experiences of other applicants, I understand that even temp visa sounds like an unachievable thing.

On more than 4 different ocassions I even offered them to provide extra documents in case they need to expedite the application. As one can expect No Response.

They don't want to issue any visas but they don't want to admit it openly.
I don't understand why are they so hypocritical about this EU treaty rights baloney, when they simply don't care about it. EU treaty rights has become more of a mirage where things seem to exist but they don't. They probably are better of deleting that provision all together as it would then end the misery of being in limbo.

They don't care about the applicant or family. Nor do they bother to respond. For more than 4 months I have been waiting to get entry visa for my mother.
Embassy doesn't want to respond, dept of justice doesn't care. Whomever you contact would pass on the buck to the embassy.

Whilst I fail to understand the behaviour & thought process of the Irish Authorities; I feel badly let down by my own country/UK because of which I have to go around the circle of exercising treaty rights to get one non British family member to join us where three of us are already British nationals. I am sure I am not the only one stuck here.

Why generalise & penalise every single applicant. There are people who genuinely want to make an honest living & want to live peacefully with their family.

Isn't it just a basic human right to stay together with family?

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: Parents Dependent Visa Ireland

Post by Hamza2013 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:15 am

Hi HRH,

I can fully understand your frustration and stress. I want to clarify that you are not the only one in this situation. INIS is having same attitude with a lot people. One of my friend is waiting for nearly a year now and he has not heard any thing regarding his parents application.

Uk itself is planning an important role in all this. The referendum happening in June will impact a lot in future applications. It looks like INIS is waiting until June to see what is the outcome of UK referendum and based on that they will take further action. There is a case in court for 7000 case blocked and INIS has not responded formally to that case.

At this instance i can only suggest to wait or else try other EU states.

All the best for the whole process.

HRH

Post by HRH » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

It has been 6 months since my mum applied for D visa under EU treaty rights category & yet we still haven't heard anything from the authorities.
After a couple of months of application, I had a doubt that perhaps she was better off applying for C visa, so I posted the question on this forum asking if I should withdraw D visa app & re apply for C instead. I understood from the response that it wouldn't have made much difference. http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1324880

My mum had a phone call in May'16 which went on for nearly 50 minutes where she was asked all sorts of questions about our assets & things.. http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1324880

We wrote to SOLVIT, EU treaty rights @ justice, Europe advise but NO LUCK. SOLVIT suggested that due to increased work load it can take upto 6 months for Irish Authorities to issue VISA.

NOW that 6 months are over, I am absolutely clueless.

I request the experienced members or members of legal fraternity on this forum to shed some light on this problem. I would very much appreciate any guidance or help on this matter.

THANKS

HRH

Post by HRH » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Came across this rather interesting news on sky which suggests that Brits can now bring non EU family members to UK!
Is it for real?

http://news.sky.com/story/brits-can-bri ... g-10378472

notrouble

Post by notrouble » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:45 am

HRH wrote:Came across this rather interesting news on sky which suggests that Brits can now bring non EU family members to UK!
Is it for real?

http://news.sky.com/story/brits-can-bri ... g-10378472
This is old news. Sky is late reporting it.

Basically, the U.K. Government can no longer prevent EU nationals (including UK nations living in other EU countries) from entering the UK with their non-EU family members who are in possession of valid EU Family cards (issued under the away Directive).