ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part-time contract for EU1 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benfares

Part-time contract for EU1 application

Post by benfares » Thu May 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is well. I just wanted to know if working part-time, 8 hours once a week is acceptable for the EU1 application? Or do i need to work more than 10 hours?

Much appreciated

Thank you guys

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Re: Part-time contract for EU1 application

Post by Leinsterimmig » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:31 am

Hi Benfares,

You may have gotten an answer on another thread but here goes anyway :-)
It would depend on what you are earning. If a person earns 50 euro an hour, then 8 hours working a week is perfectly fine but it may
seen very little for a person to work just 8 hours a week at 10 euro a hour when they are meant to support the non-EU citizen initially or be in the position to support the EU citizen. It would also be taken into consideration if the non-EU citizen started to work full time when they got their temporary stamp 4 and so would not need the financial support of the EU citizen. I hope this helps.

Leinster Immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:32 pm

It would also be taken into consideration if the non-EU citizen started to work full time when they got their temporary stamp 4 and so would not need the financial support of the EU citizen.
Are you sure about this? I would think it's relevant for the family of Irish citizens but I don't see how it is relevant to EU freedom of movement, unless this has to do with potential burden on the state.

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 pm

I am confused. Anyway i sent more evidence today, i sent a letter written by our new landlord and my new job contract even though its part- time is permanent and i can work more than 8 hours. I think you might be wrong leinster with your advice.

:D

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:40 pm

I am not wrong. For example, if the EU citizen does not work at all but the applicant (non-EU citizen) is the main earner, an application may be approved. This might happen if the EU citizen is female and chooses to not work but stay at home with the children. So there are circumstances where the employment of the non-EU citizen come into play.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi leinster

Thanks fot the reply. Are you sure? It clearly says the EU citizen in which case me needs to be in employment in order for the Non-- EU citizens spouse to get a residence card.