ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mikilo2008

please advice

Post by mikilo2008 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:37 pm

i relocated from the uk because i was refused residency saying our marriage is that of convenience because there were discrepancies in the response myself and husband gave during interview despite the fact that we have a child together. they said the marriage was just for me to get residency. we appealed and was refused again. my husband is an irish so we relocated back here. ve applied here but they are asking me why didnt i apply for visa before i came to ireland. what did i tell them should i say ve being refused in the uk . please advice.
Last edited by mikilo2008 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: please advice

Post by banana07 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:11 pm

honesty is best policy, just say the truth.. irish authorities take that into consideration.

for now, address the fall out points that were made by UK authorities and try to find a solution/cover for them and then approach the irish authorities once you are ready..
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:50 pm

thanks alot for the advice. was thinking is i should say something like wasn't legally resident at that time and cannot apply for visa or i should just say i was refused residency.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:37 pm

they will know anyway that it was refused.. your success is through lots of documentation and clarification etc.. the more the better! and dont try to conceal info..

in ireland -> application -> refusal -> appeal -> success is the norm! so dont give up
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia