ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help: Non EEA parent/sister of an EEA child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cometoireland
Kenya

Please Help: Non EEA parent/sister of an EEA child

Post by Cometoireland » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi All,

(Long post alert) Please help point me in the right direction.

My sister (Kenyan) has been in a 4 year relationship with her (now ex) fiance(Norwegian) and has been living permanently in Norway for about two years now. During the 4 year relationship, she was flying back and forth for upto 4 months visit at a time until she relocated permanently two years ago. She has a 2 1/5 year old toddler with her fiance and he has a Norwegian passport (but was born in kenya).

Unfortunately, about a few months after she moved to Norway, she discovered that he had been cheating on her with multiple women basically since the first day they met. Initially, they had agreed to try and work it out for the sake of their child but the past couple of months have been hell for her. He has threatened to kick her out of their apartment on several occasions. He basically controls her because she is always home with the baby and has no support system whatsoever in Norway. The stress and pressure is so much that I insist on speaking with her and my nephew throughout the day everyday on phone and on skype just to make sure that they are in good spirits. Truthfully, I don't think he can physically harm her/baby but the fact that he seems to enjoy toying with her emotions is worrying.

I am living in Ireland and both my husband and I have great permanent jobs and have been helping her out on occasions. We have thought of helping her relocate back to Kenya but she has been estranged from my father and my extended family for 4 years because she was living with a man and eventually had a baby outside of wedlock. They can not get over the 'shame' that this brought to the family so she was basically disowned and has no where to go back home. I have remained by her side through all this and have tried to mend fences between her and the rest of the family but no one wants anything to do with her.

I recently started looking into options of her and her baby to come live with us in Ireland. I do not foresee her ex having a problem with this as he has tried to kick them out numerous times plus the baby will only be an hour flight away from him and we can arrange visitations etc. My question is, assuming her ex agrees, what options do we have to help her move to Ireland. My husband and I both have stable jobs, our own home and can help her get on her feet. It seems impossible for her to do this in Norway because she has no job and is dependent on her ex and me, has no access to child care and as a result, can not go out to find work/study and is therefore stuck.

Please help me with information on whether she can travel and live in Ireland on the basis of her EEA child or if I can sponsor her (i have Stamp 4) and her baby to live with us.

Kind Regards

Cometoireland
Kenya

Re: Please Help: Non EEA parent/sister of an EEA child

Post by Cometoireland » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Kindly help with any information.

Thanks

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:10 am

Hi,

Does your sister have full custody of the child? Enought to bring her child with her to live in Ireland?

Regards,

Leinster immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:42 am

Leinsterimmig wrote:Hi,

Does your sister have full custody of the child? Enough to bring her child with her to live in Ireland?

Regards,

Leinster immigration

They have no formal agreement on custody though from their discussions (what she has told me), they have agreed to co-parent. He would sign a consent form for the baby to travel with her to see me. he has done it before. They have agreed on visitation, he gets the baby for part of the summer and over holidays. I'm not sure about the specific arrangement but I do know that they agreed to not block either parent from seeing the baby.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:00 pm

You can contact the section in immigration that deals with EU citizen child applications directly at eutreatyrights@justice.ie
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum