ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Polish become irish

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ulishak
Newly Registered

Polish become irish

Post by ulishak » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi there!

I am in the process of completing forms 8 for naturalization and do not fully understand what's going on with these "stamps"? Is being a member of the EU also need to have them? If so, how do I get them?

Two years after arriving in Ireland changed my passport, do I need photocopy both of them so or just the current one? Which one do I have to enter in the form?

I never receive any social welfare payments except maybe twice during this time, when I was out of sick, do I need put this on the form so?

Thanks for your help.

U.

gb1985

Re: Polish become irish

Post by gb1985 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 pm

ulishak wrote:Hi there!

I am in the process of completing forms 8 for naturalization and do not fully understand what's going on with these "stamps"? Is being a member of the EU also need to have them? If so, how do I get them?

Two years after arriving in Ireland changed my passport, do I need photocopy both of them so or just the current one? Which one do I have to enter in the form?

I never receive any social welfare payments except maybe twice during this time, when I was out of sick, do I need put this on the form so?

Thanks for your help.

U.
the process is different for eu citizens. Look at information for eea citizens

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ation.html

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm

So I don't need any stamps. Thanks

What about my other questions?

gb1985

Post by gb1985 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 pm

I am not sure about passport. For us we need to enter the passport number used to enter Ireland for the first time. Dont see why it should be different for you.

I had attached colour photocopy of all the pages of my both passports along with application, even though it was not asked for.

I will send you a PM

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Thanks a million! I wasn't sure.

Can't read PM - "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

pitypang
Newly Registered

Post by pitypang » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 am

You need only your present one. Im Eu national also, when I went to the solicitor I asked the same question as mine expired also after 2 years when I arrived here. She said no need for the old one. I did not included it and I got approval.

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:27 pm

pitypang wrote:You need only your present one. Im Eu national also, when I went to the solicitor I asked the same question as mine expired also after 2 years when I arrived here. She said no need for the old one. I did not included it and I got approval.
I got married two years after arriving in Ireland. Reason for replacement of the passport was a change of surname.
Did you put the number of current one on the form or the previous one?

pitypang
Newly Registered

Post by pitypang » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:48 pm

My new one. In that case I think make a color copy from both and you will need to go to a solicitor anyway to stamp your papers and they can tell you for sure.

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:07 pm

pitypang wrote:My new one. In that case I think make a color copy from both and you will need to go to a solicitor anyway to stamp your papers and they can tell you for sure.
Will do so :) Thank you very much.

What about the social welfare? If I only got child benefits and couple times was on sick leave, but never asked for jobseekers allowance, etc do I need to put this things on form?

pitypang
Newly Registered

Post by pitypang » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:09 pm

I have two kids too, I just put my child benefit papers for address prof, but otherwise no. I was on sick note once only in 2009 for couple of days only 8) since than I wasn't so I don't know but I don't think so :roll:
Maybe someone here with more knowledge than me would know :wink:

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:48 pm

pitypang wrote:I have two kids too, I just put my child benefit papers for address prof, but otherwise no. I was on sick note once only in 2009 for couple of days only 8) since than I wasn't so I don't know but I don't think so :roll:
Maybe someone here with more knowledge than me would know :wink:
Thank you for your help.

Look what I found:

Section 5: Residency Permissions
5.1 Write the date when you first arrived in Ireland.
5.2 Write your Passport Number at the time of arrival in Ireland.
5.3 Confirm if you have entered all of your permissions into the online residency checker and verified that you satisfy the conditions.
5.4 Tick the appropriate box. Please give details of any period spent studying in Ireland for the last 9 years.
5.5 Tick the appropriate box. Please give details of any period spent in the asylum process for the last 9 years.
5.6 Tick the appropriate box. If you were absent from the State for more than 6 weeks in any of the previous 5 years provide details of all absences on a separate sheet and include it with your application.

You can call me blind blonde ;)

pitypang
Newly Registered

Post by pitypang » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:48 am

I found that too, and made copy from the old one but the solicitor told me no need for that so I did not included to my aplication.
But for me it was just expired, not name change because of marriage 8)

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:47 am

pitypang wrote:I found that too, and made copy from the old one but the solicitor told me no need for that so I did not included to my aplication.
But for me it was just expired, not name change because of marriage 8)
I made copy of the old one too, just incase.
And will put my maternity benefit and illness benefit in the form too. Will photocopy all papers about it, than hopefully no need to worrie ;)

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Documents sent 15th July - received 17th July :)

Fingers crossed :))