ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PROOFS TO PROVE RECKONABLE RESIDENCY FOR NATURALIZATION

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

falcon786
Newly Registered

PROOFS TO PROVE RECKONABLE RESIDENCY FOR NATURALIZATION

Post by falcon786 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:58 pm

I Am a British Citizen I am planning to move to Dublin I have some questions to ask if you provide some information it will be your kindness .

How long a British Citizen have to stay in republic of Ireland to be naturalize as Irish Citizen ?

Residency should be typically constant during that reckonable period in Ireland or he can occasionally come back to England and can stay here as well and can do some sort of paid work .
For example Can he work in Ireland for 8 months and then come back in England and can work 3 or 4 months and then go back to Ireland will this absence Break the continuity of Reckonable period of Naturalization .

What proofs A British Citizen need to maintain from the first till end of his residency reckonable period to prove his stay to qualify for Irish Citizenship .

Thanks

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: PROOFS TO PROVE RECKONABLE RESIDENCY FOR NATURALIZATION

Post by banana07 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 am

as long as you can maintain 3 different bills for 5 years you have been to Ireland, and no year you went beyond the taxation (to be considered resident tax-wise, you need to live 185 days a year), however, being british, no stamps will be put on your passport, so only reckonable residence is through utility bills! and dont forget to work in the last year prior to application (i.e in order to provide p60 or p21).. naturalisation in your case (being EU member) is waaaay easy!

again, in simple words:

• If you are an E.U. citizen for more than five years please submit proof of residence in the State amounting to for a total of five years in the last nine years, to include the year prior to application. Please submit three different proofs of
residence for each year showing name and address for this period. **
• If you are an E.U. citizen for less than five years please submit copy of your passport showing permission to remain stamps from date of arrival in the State to date of becoming an E.U. citizen and proof of residence in the State from date of becoming an E.U. citizen to date of application. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period. **

** Acceptable proofs can be any of the following: utility bills
(Gas/landline telephone/electricity), Revenue documentation, Social Welfare documentation,
employment letter showing your name and address, payslips showing your name and address, mortgage agreement, tenancy agreement, PRTB letter, Doctor’s letter showing date of registration, which must specify dates of attendance, bank statements, which must show day to day living transactions e.g. laser transactions in supermarket, lodgement in local bank etc. The proofs must show your name and address. When more than one proof of residence is requested you must submit different proofs e.g. 1 electricity bill, 1 bank statement and 1 Revenue document. Proofs should contain at least 1 utility bill for each year.
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

falcon786
Newly Registered

Post by falcon786 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:17 pm

banana07 wrote:as long as you can maintain 3 different bills for 5 years you have been to Ireland, and no year you went beyond the taxation (to be considered resident tax-wise, you need to live 185 days a year), however, being british, no stamps will be put on your passport, so only reckonable residence is through utility bills! and dont forget to work in the last year prior to application (i.e in order to provide p60 or p21).. naturalisation in your case (being EU member) is waaaay easy!

again, in simple words:

• If you are an E.U. citizen for more than five years please submit proof of residence in the State amounting to for a total of five years in the last nine years, to include the year prior to application. Please submit three different proofs of
residence for each year showing name and address for this period. **
• If you are an E.U. citizen for less than five years please submit copy of your passport showing permission to remain stamps from date of arrival in the State to date of becoming an E.U. citizen and proof of residence in the State from date of becoming an E.U. citizen to date of application. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing name and address for this period. **

** Acceptable proofs can be any of the following: utility bills
(Gas/landline telephone/electricity), Revenue documentation, Social Welfare documentation,
employment letter showing your name and address, payslips showing your name and address, mortgage agreement, tenancy agreement, PRTB letter, Doctor’s letter showing date of registration, which must specify dates of attendance, bank statements, which must show day to day living transactions e.g. laser transactions in supermarket, lodgement in local bank etc. The proofs must show your name and address. When more than one proof of residence is requested you must submit different proofs e.g. 1 electricity bill, 1 bank statement and 1 Revenue document. Proofs should contain at least 1 utility bill for each year.
Bundle of thanks for spending time to provide information ,

i am little bit confused here u said that requirment is to must live 185 days in each year which is some what more than 6 months mean almost 5 months out of the ireland will not be a problem . but i read some post here in which people are concerned with the new citizen application form 8 which is asking you to mention any absence which is more than 6 WEEKS and also that only 6 WEEKS of absence is tolerateable .

My question is does 6 WEEKS absence rule only apply for NON EU immigrants while EU citizen are required to to stay of minimum 185 days per year.

After 5 years direct naturalization application can be made or first need to apply for Any sort of Permanent residency and than after elapse of some time on Permanent residency Naturalization application can be done like in U.K after one year of Indefinate leave naturalization application can be made .?

Is there any Different application FORM of naturalization for British/EU nationals or every one has to use FORM 8 the new one ?.

Thanks
looking forward for your valued advise

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 am

again - how they will know you were out of country? when you travel to UK, nobody will stamp on your passport on on arrival or departure - simply because you are an EU citizen already. so it will be very hard for INIS to catch that you are outside the country.. the 185 days rule applies for tax purposes only (in perfect world!)

the form 8 is the same, however, many of the sections (especially your reckon-able residence) wont count.. wont be of importance to them
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

falcon786
Newly Registered

Post by falcon786 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks Dear for advice

I am going to dublin next month i want to apply for PPS number and bank account one of my friend is a lndlord of a house in which he also reside can he give me a simple letter confirming that i am going to be a tenant of the same house , this letter will be enough for the proof of residency to apply for PPS along with my British Passport Or residency should must be registerd with PRTB . i came to know if a lndlord live in the same property he don need to register with PRTB for new tenant .

what specific wording should be on the letter by mylandlord, do a tenancy agreement should also accompny with this letter ?

is there any more simple way to apply for PPS with British passport and proof of address from 2 different UK Banks and U.K utility bills.

Please advice the most Simplest & fastest way without the hassle of PRTB registration etc .

Thanks