ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

slowpoke
Newly Registered

Question

Post by slowpoke » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Hello everyone, just have a question, may be you can answer.

I'm a student in Ireland, who didn't renew his gnib card. My college asked me now to get a PPS number, and I have to get it. So, the question is, will these guys give a PPS number if they see that i didn't renew my visa(do they care about not their business)? Will they ask me anything like why you didn't renew and so on, deportate? I'm a bit of scared, there are 3 months before the final year ends, don't want to end like that. It's written that they need my passport, photo id(student card ok?) and bills(no problem with them). So, what do you think/know about that?

Thank you!

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Question

Post by banana07 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Gnib card is not required and passport only to verify your identity only. Don't worry its easy straight fwd job and its not their business if you are legal or not
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

joker
Ireland

Post by joker » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:51 pm

"Its not their business if you are legal or not" you're kidding right? :roll:

slowpoke
Newly Registered

Post by slowpoke » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Two opinions already.

As I read from some people, who got PPS number, they were not aske for GNIB card, only passport and bills, but still I'm quite unsure. May be they will look at passport's pages, where Garda also makes stamps?

And what do you think of such idea: I get UK visa, with it I enter Ireland and de-facto I would be staying here legally?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:51 pm

What can you not renew your student visa if you are stil a student?

In any case ... The PPS number people's job isn't really to check your immigration status, but of course if they decide to do so they can do it easily, and if they find something wrong and are feeling zealous that day, they can contact the Garda.

I'd say you have more than 50% chances of getting away with it, but the chances of getting caught are not negligeable.

Not sure about the UK visa either. What if they ask why you need a PPS number if you are on a tourist visa exemption scheme. Plus won't the UK embassy here ask you for a proof that you are legal in ireland as part of the visa application?

slowpoke
Newly Registered

Post by slowpoke » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:11 am

Firstly, it's already 4 or 5 months since it expired, and as I know the maximum allowed is 3 months. Secondly, my attendance is very poor and they look at it, when they issue a card.

About UK visa I mean I come to my country of origin, go to UK embassy, get a visa, enter Ireland through UK and de-facto I will be legal. I need PPS not for work, I need it for college, which need PPS to issue a diploma to me. As I think, why I can't study in Irish college with UK tourist visa(which is 6 months issue) from the law's point of view? It may look strange, but all in all not criminal, just a guy who studies in Ireland having UK visa and applying for PPS number to graduate. If to think, I could live like this all the years o f studying, renewing it every 6 months. If they ask I can make up some story, why do I so specific.

joker
Ireland

Post by joker » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:00 am

You do know that uk visa is not valid for Ireland, a different country and you are illegally here defacto.

slowpoke
Newly Registered

Post by slowpoke » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:35 am

Why? If I have UK visa I can enter Ireland, it's the rule for some countries

slowpoke
Newly Registered

Post by slowpoke » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:49 am

Yeah, and can internet bill be presented as proof of address? Have some problems with heating bills right now

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:31 am

internet bill is a utility bill and so it is accepted as evidence of residence
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

slowpoke
Newly Registered

Post by slowpoke » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:17 pm

banana07 wrote:Gnib card is not required and passport only to verify your identity only. Don't worry its easy straight fwd job and its not their business if you are legal or not
You were right. No one checked anything, no one cares. On the background of people seeking job, who even can't speak english I was looking cool :D

Thanks all