ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on obtaining a Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Crazydoll
Newly Registered

Questions on obtaining a Stamp 4

Post by Crazydoll » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I am Irish and my husband is American and we are soon to move back to Ireland. Can someone please give me the series of events that occur on trying to get a Stamp 4?

What is the average time line on obtaining a Stamp 4 from application to card?

How many months is the initial Stamp 4 for?

Thanks for your help!

neuron

Re: Questions on obtaining a Stamp 4

Post by neuron » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:57 pm

I think your husband can apply for Stamp 4 EUFAM. Try searching around on the website, or look at www.citizensinformation.ie as they have a lot of useful information.

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi crazydoll

To obtain stamp 4 you need numerous documents. I will list them below:

Being self employed- 6 months bank statements or invoices
Being employed- Job contract, two payslips
tax credit certificate or p60
PRTB ( registered by the landlord)
Tenancy agreement
Bills in your name and the spouses

Lastly, you need to submit all these documents along with the EU 1 application form (found on the INIS website) it will take about 4 weeks thats how long it took my husbands. Then you will receive a letter and you tke that to the gardai, burgh quay city centre and they will give yr husband a stamp 4 for 6 months until they process the stamp4EUFAM.

Good luck :D

guardship
Newly Registered

Post by guardship » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:06 am

American married to an Irish national needs to do the following to get a stamp 4:

A). If you are a non visa required national who has entered the State legally within the last 90 days or if you are a visa required national and you are within the period of permission to remain granted to you on arrival in the State (except short stay ‘c’ visas):, or if you have current permission to remain in the State on an alternative basis both you and your Irish national spouse/civil partner should attend at your local Garda National Immigration Bureau Registration office with the following documentation:

Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
Your original passport
Your Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport
Evidence of your joint address

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... howtoapply

Stamp is good for 1 year, then you have to go back and renew it. You go in person with spouse, takes about 10 minutes.

Crazydoll
Newly Registered

Post by Crazydoll » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Thanks everyone. Seems pretty straight forward.

I researched the EUFAM and it seems that I will not qualify as I hold UK and Irish citizenship being from Northern Ireland. Any comments on this? I don't want to apply through the UK either.

Final question - could my husband get a one way ticket and tell immigration upon arrival that he is moving here with his Irish wife? (I read that somewhere). We will be travelling into Ireland at the same time. As he is a non-visa required traveler I am not sure if he still needs to show a return ticket for within the 90 day period of visa free stay .....until we get to the GNIB.

Much appreciated.

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Crazydoll

As your from Northern Ireland part of the UK please read my post.

Thanks

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:30 pm

My earlier post at the top

guardship
Newly Registered

Post by guardship » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 am

It is straight forward. Immigration don't give a toss about your American husband's one way ticket. He tells them he is moving to Ireland to live with his Irish wife. They tell him to go to the GNIB and get his stamp within 30 days.

TomasG
Newly Registered

Post by TomasG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Hey crazy doll,
Yes as stated by others, its very easy for Americans to come into Ireland. I am American with my British wife living in Dublin at the moment. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but since N. Ireland is part of the UK. You would have to go through the same process as I did. Thats if your planning to move to S. Ireland. Just make sure you both are flying together when you come. At the airport just state that you two are coming to live and work . And they just stamp you with a 30 day stamp. But don't worry about that because its actually 3 months. During those 3 months you have to get an apartment and a job. Once you have those then you get pps number and also go to the revenue office. Then you fill out the EU 1 form. This is all based on my experience so far. If you have any questions let me know :)

Crazydoll
Newly Registered

Post by Crazydoll » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:17 am

Thank you everyone,

TomasG- Thanks so much for the info. So I guess I just come in on my British passport. We will most likely be arriving via Dublin port due to my dog having to travel via ship (long story). I'm thinking immigration at Irish ports are not any different than airports. I will apply for EUFAM, thanks for letting me know that is an option. Much appreciated.