ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions Regarding Ceremony + Passport Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irishanon
Newly Registered

Questions Regarding Ceremony + Passport Application

Post by irishanon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:50 am

Dear All,

Been browsing the threads here and couldn't find the information I required so I would be grateful for your input into this.

1. What is the dress code for the actual ceremony?
2. Are we supposed to memorize the oath listed on the ceremony invite form or can we just read it off the paper?

Also, regarding the application for a passport, the DFA states that I need to send in the passport of my country of origin, my original birth cert + translation, my Irish certificate of naturalisation, proof of address (utility bill) and proof of name - together with the completed witnessed form.

1. Will I get the original certificate of Irish naturalisation back from the DFA once the process is complete and will they return this documents at the same time the Original BC and Passport of Country of Origin are returned?
2. The turnaround time for PassportExpress is listed as 10 working days as opposed to 20 working days when you apply in person via appointment - I have heard of some people applying via an express route due to family emergencies etc - how does one go about this?

Thanks for all the help!

amison79

Re: Questions Regarding Ceremony + Passport Application

Post by amison79 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:09 am

@irishanon

there is no particular dress code for the ceremony. once u reach the venue, u wud b headng to the registration counter (counter no. will be mentioned on the letter of invititation along with date and time of ceremony). at registration counter u wud b handed over with a folder, it wud comprise of ur cert of naturalization, oath statement that u wud hav to take durng ceremony (so u dont hav to learn it by hard, just read and say), few more papers. thy wud make u sign a statement.

u will have ur cert of naturalisation before u proceed for oath ceremony. aftr ceremony, complete the application form for passport and send all relevant doc to the dept via passport express. it might take upto 3 weeks (all inclusive) max for ur passport. u will get all ur original documents, tht u enclose, back with ur new irish passport :)

irishanon
Newly Registered

Post by irishanon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 pm

@amison79,

Thanks for the speedy reply. While there is no formal dress code, I assume most people conform to a black-tie/shirt-tie/business attire? Or do people actually show up in jeans and a T-Shirt? :)

Thanks for letting me know that I will also get back my original certificate of naturalisation. What is the procedure for getting a stamp 6 in my passport of origin then? Is it possible to convert to a stamp 6 without an Irish passport on the basis of just having the certificate of naturalisation?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:16 pm

I would say to dress up very well, it is a very IMPORTANT day of your life and a nice business suit will show your respect to the state and your seriousness for such a big achievement. I have seen alot of people there very well suited.

Some people appear in a jeans but doesn't seem good. So i would recommend to dress like you are going to attend a wedding :)

Good Luck

amison79

Post by amison79 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:55 pm

@irishanon

u can go for ceremony in suit or any formals tht u wish, it is just for ur own sake. in thr nobody checks u for ur attire.i myself was in formals but more thn half of the applicants were in informals, some even had thr traditional dress put on. once ur at venue, its just at the reg counter where u face any official. nobody asks for wat u wear, its a big day in ur life and u want to make it look very important, so attire accordingly.

as far ur second query is concerned, i hope ths link wud help u with it
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... Stamp%206)

:)

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Is it the immigration officials that would register one and handover the pack or workers there? I know in the uk its the ceremony officials that does that and not immigration officials

irishanon
Newly Registered

Post by irishanon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:24 am

@amison79 + @CalvinKlein

Thanks again for the speedy reply. Was going to wear a smart business suit anyway.
Your INIS link is broken btw.
Regardless, I believe I have already read the "official page" policy on the INIS site, but note that there exists discrepancies in practise. I.e. Some offices don't require you to already have an Irish passport when requesting a stamp 6, just rather to show up with the original certificate of naturalisation and passport of country of origin and they will give you stamp 6 on that basis.

(Which makes sense in my mind as you shouldn't need to have an Irish passport to get a stamp 6, just proof that you are a citizen). The INIS link on the other hand states that you need to bring both an Irish passport AND the certificate of naturalisation.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Any idea?

amison79

Post by amison79 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:23 pm

@irishanon

gud luck for ceremony

@janet0001

these people at reg counters r officials from naturalisation dept