ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

re entry visa

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:12 am

Hi i have one question im going on holidays in 2 weeks but i need reentry visa. I seen on inis wetbsite that i have yo apply reentry visa by post now.is this true and how long i have to wait as my flight is on 5th of feb

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: re entry visa

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:25 am

It's NOT true. See the below update on INIS website:

Important Update for Re-entry visa applicants at Burgh Quay

7th January, 2015

It must be stressed that there is absolutely no need for anyone to queue outside the offices of the immigration services for re-entry visas.

In addition, the Immigration Service wish to again remind applicants to use the postal application service rather than having to attend in person. Even if applicants do decide to come to the office, where applications are being made on behalf of a family, it is not necessary for the entire family to turn up - one member of the family may present the necessary paperwork and receive the visas.

A major reform of the delivery of immigration services is underway including the transfer of registration functions from the Garda National Immigration Bureau to INIS. This presents opportunities to streamline both registration and visa re-entry services and INIS will be introducing an on-line services as part of this process. The introduction of on-line booking appointments will be prioritised with the aim of its introduction in the first quarter of 2015.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Zohaibmustafa wrote:Hi i have one question im going on holidays in 2 weeks but i need reentry visa. I seen on inis wetbsite that i have yo apply reentry visa by post now.is this true and how long i have to wait as my flight is on 5th of feb
2 options:
1- by post with a copy of your confirmed ticket - not sure though when they will open the letter to process it!!
2- go to inis office and bring your ticket with you.. from experience, they always done the visa within 30 mins if you bring a ticket, even if the ticket worth 30 euro only!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

neuron

Post by neuron » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:11 pm

Hey guys, to hijack the thread a little bit - I live in Cork, and was planning to apply for a re-entry visa by post (when my other problem is sorted out).

But, if I go to Dublin one morning personally (without the plane ticket, though), do they issue the visas (multi-entry!) on the spot, or by tomorrow maybe?

Thanks!

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Loool have you an idea how long the queue is? It rearches sligo! And ppl start to queue at 4am and they stop giving tickets when a certain number reached (usually by 8am!).. To be lucky go afternoon on Thursday unless you have emergency then you can go anytime..

you still can go in person, but when you meet the president of laziness GNIB officer, he may give out at you wondering why you did not send it by post (although cant stop you from re-entry visa)..

post is always used and works well.. unless its an emergency or already booked flights within 2 weeks.. it makes no sense to go to office, and post can be faster (within 4 working days the whole process)

Last edited by banana07 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

neuron

Post by neuron » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:49 pm

Oh, got it now, thanks for the info!

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks for posting the hilarious queue pic :)

Does any one know what is the re-entry queue now a days ? Last year in Feb I went for a re-entry visa for my wife, I queued up at 7:00am and by 9:00 am I was out of the office with the re-entry visa.

So wondering did any one went recently or know what is the queue like now a days ?

Thanks.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 am

So guys i still can go in person to get the re entry visa. I rang yesterday to immigartion office number provided on inis website and i ask the women about it. She turn around and say she have no idea lol.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:54 am

Yes u can go to INIS in person and get the re-entry on the same day. Make sure to bring ur GNIB card, postal order, passport, 1 photograph. Plz share your experience with the queue and processing time.

Thanks

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:31 am

Will do going there in the morning so

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Good luck and also bring ur flight confirmation in case there is a long queue and they ask you to apply by post or refuse u a ticket.

neuron

Post by neuron » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:40 pm

@Zohaibmustafa How did you do at INIS for your re-entry visa?

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:59 am

I got it.its the same way it was before

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:47 am

@ Zohaibmustafa

Glad to know u got ur re-entry visa. Could u plz let me know what was the queue like ? what time did u joined the queue and what number u got ? what time did u got free from there ?

I need to go for my wife visa and need to go to work straight from there. So just want to get a clear picture so i could get into work on time...

Thanks

neuron

Post by neuron » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:33 am

Sent the papers for a re-entry visa over on Wednesday morning, by registered post (from Cork), got the passport back with the re-entry visa this morning (Friday)! :)

They event sent me the bank draft for a 100 EUR back, with a note saying my country is fee-exempt; I had no idea something like this existed.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:37 am

neuron wrote:Sent the papers for a re-entry visa over on Wednesday morning, by registered post (from Cork), got the passport back with the re-entry visa this morning (Friday)! :)

They event sent me the bank draft for a 100 EUR back, with a note saying my country is fee-exempt; I had no idea something like this existed.
They are beating everyone's expectation there ;-)

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:20 pm

I went in person last Friday for the re-entry of my wife, queued up at 6:00am and got ticket number 9 and got free at 9:00am.

neuron

Post by neuron » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:17 am

Hey guys, just wanted to check before I travel - to get back into Ireland, I just need to show my passport w/re-entry visa, and GNIB card? Thanks!

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Yes you should have your valid passport + GNIB card + Re-entry visa on your passport to re-enter Ireland.

Re-entry visa is a sticker which would be patched on your passport similar to the one which you got on the first place entering the country.

Further info can be found at: http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Re-Entry%20Visas

IsaacDB
Newly Registered

Post by IsaacDB » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:31 am

Hi, I have read on Inis website that re-entry visa by post takes 10 working days. Practically, does it really take 10 working days or they return it sooner ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:56 am

@ IsaacDB
10 days is the max time. mostly it takes a week.

IsaacDB
Newly Registered

Post by IsaacDB » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks Calvin