ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reckonable residency and NATURALISATION

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

treefriend

Reckonable residency and NATURALISATION

Post by treefriend » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:10 pm

Hey Guys,
I am trying to understand the reckonable residency for naturalisation application. Our timeline is as below

Married in another EU state - 05/2011
Arrived in Ireland - 07/2012
Temp EUSTAMP4 - 02/2013
5 years EUSTAMP4 - 08/2013

As per the following article, I should have reckonable residency in 07/2017 (from the day I arrived in the state) and should be able to apply for naturalisation six months prior the reckonable residency which is 01/2017.

http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... s-for.html

Is this right assumption?

Please shed some light
thanks

treefriend

Re: Reckonable residency and NATURALISATION

Post by treefriend » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Anyone...

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:49 pm

You can apply for Permanent Resident (EU3) six months before you 5 years 4EUFAM stamp expires. But for Naturalisation you should be in Ireland for 5 years (1826) days including your Temp Stamp 4 & 5 Years 4EUFAM stamp. So you need to count exact 1826 days, as soon as you are in Ireland over 1826 days including Temp 4 Stamp & 5 Years 4EUFAM , you are in titled to lodge application for Naturalisation.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:17 am

roddy1984 wrote:You can apply for Permanent Resident (EU3) six months before you 5 years 4EUFAM stamp expires. But for Naturalisation you should be in Ireland for 5 years (1826) days including your Temp Stamp 4 & 5 Years 4EUFAM stamp. So you need to count exact 1826 days, as soon as you are in Ireland over 1826 days including Temp 4 Stamp & 5 Years 4EUFAM , you are in titled to lodge application for Naturalisation.
Thx for taking time to reply. but your info does not seem correct.

As natur application take 6 months to process so I can submit application six month prior to completing 1826 days.

For EU3, again the time is calculated from the date you arrived in state regardless when stamp4 is awarded.

Rizwan78
Newly Registered

Post by Rizwan78 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 am

@ treefriend
toddy1984 is right here. I have personally experience with same situation like you. By eu directive inis should count your residency from the day you land in Ireland but they don't do that. They will start to count your days when u get stamps on your passport from gnib office, they call it recognizable residence... There is like.... U can enter your stamps dates in calculator.... http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000025
The thing is u don't get any gnib card on airport which tells your residence status in country.... You must be in the country extant 5 years 1826 days & after u can lodge your application for naturalization.... Not even one day before....
For permanent residence care you can apply on eu3 form exact 6 months before your 4eufam stamp get expires

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Rizwan78 wrote:@ treefriend
toddy1984 is right here. I have personally experience with same situation like you. By eu directive inis should count your residency from the day you land in Ireland but they don't do that. They will start to count your days when u get stamps on your passport from gnib office, they call it recognizable residence... There is like.... U can enter your stamps dates in calculator.... http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000025
The thing is u don't get any gnib card on airport which tells your residence status in country.... You must be in the country extant 5 years 1826 days & after u can lodge your application for naturalization.... Not even one day before....
For permanent residence care you can apply on eu3 form exact 6 months before your 4eufam stamp get expires
Rizwan,
Thanks for taking time to respond.

The reason I initiated this thread is due to my friend, who is told by Brophy Solicitor, that his residency for naturalisation starts from the day he land in the state. In fact they have successfully got few cases accepted.

I just dont want to pay solicitor therefore want to get all the info from knowledgeable people like yourself.

Thanks