ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding 6 weeks (outside Ireland) Rule?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

streeter011
Newly Registered

Regarding 6 weeks (outside Ireland) Rule?

Post by streeter011 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:25 am

Hi All,

I'm applying for my (and missus) application in April 2017 based on 5 years work permit residence (spouse on stamp 3). I have a question regarding this 6 weeks rule, where the new form asks to mention any time you spent 6 weeks per annum outside Ireland. Now missus did spend 2 months (sometimes 2.5) in a certain year or two outside Ireland on vacations/holidays in the previous years. There are different opinions regarding what Immigration does with this information. Some say it doesn't affect the normal residence condition so it doesn't matter while some suggest to deduct those days from 5 years calculation and apply after you've made up for the missing days.

It seems grey area to me and I'm planning on applying on due date and detailing the travel history but can any suggest/share your personal experiences? Especially where you applied despite more than 6 weeks outside Ireland and the department approved or refused your case?

langtababa
BANNED

Re: Regarding 6 weeks (outside Ireland) Rule?

Post by langtababa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:18 pm

To streeter011

It does not affect your your application.And you do not have to minus the time from your residency..
Most of the Applicant they write a cover letter why they were out for this time period with a explanation,and it should be fine.
I Know some guys were out almost 6 month and still did not affect their residency..
They got their citizenship.

Look, if you guys are stuck in application with any question still ask in this forum but still you can go there with your wife they fill out your form for free..
They are very friendly and have branch in every county..
Link:http: //newcommunities.ie/services2/cass.html
Hope it helps

streeter011
Newly Registered

Post by streeter011 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I did go to newcommunities to have initial chat and learn their opinion. They advised me to wait until I make up for the "out-of-state" days in previous years. In an ideal world I could wait but considering the abrupt changes to requirements every now and then, I want to apply and try my luck. Especially when the forms and INIS don't suggest any such delay officially.

I'm still more inclined towards applying on due date and worst case if they refuse application or ask me to wait for certain period then so be it. I'd only have the application fee at stake which is not a huge deal. Just wanted to know what experiences did other people have in this forum. Thanks again.

langtababa
BANNED

Post by langtababa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:17 pm

To streeter011

Not to worry..The example i did provide to you it was one my friend he got his approval with a long huge gape..
The gap actually for EU residence who are applying basis of 5 years residency..But in common ground it get to stamp 1 or 4 applicant..
To be honest if I were id apply with the gap..but still its not a big gap..she went for holiday not to reside there..
if u also want to know authentic answer try to E-mail them..
citizenshipinfo@justice.ie for a peace of mind..
That is citizenship dept answers ur query with in the same day..

streeter011
Newly Registered

Post by streeter011 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:31 am

langtababa wrote:To streeter011

Not to worry..The example i did provide to you it was one my friend he got his approval with a long huge gape..
The gap actually for EU residence who are applying basis of 5 years residency..But in common ground it get to stamp 1 or 4 applicant..
To be honest if I were id apply with the gap..but still its not a big gap..she went for holiday not to reside there..
if u also want to know authentic answer try to E-mail them..
citizenshipinfo@justice.ie for a peace of mind..
That is citizenship dept answers ur query with in the same day..
That's perfect. Thanks langtababa for the reply. So I'll do the same, apply on time with a cover letter. Worst case is re-application fee (if they ask to make up the days) but it's worth taking the risk.

langtababa
BANNED

Post by langtababa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:15 pm

To street
They won't refuse over a silly gap
Just do and keep us posted

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm

Street how did you get on, nearly a year since you posted.