ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding the visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LEENA
Newly Registered

Regarding the visa

Post by LEENA » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi,
I am a reigstered Indian nurse who works under HSE in Ireland on a two years temporary contract. My cotract is due to complete in October 2OO7 & my visa expires in sep 26, 2007. My employer is willing to renew my contract for another one year .but i heard that working visa system is changed into green card system and to get a green card, we need to get atleast 2 yeras contract.SO how can i work in the country without even having a green card or working visa? my passport is valid only until sep 2008.is it possible to renew my passport now when there is another 19 months duration to expire it validity? i need your valuable advise at the ealiest.

Thank YOU,
Leena Varghese.

rtutte
Newly Registered

Post by rtutte » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:33 am

1) Try to get a contract with atleast 2 years duration from the same employer, explaining the present situation.

2) Indian passport can be renewed anytime during its last 12 months of validity. However, under special circumstances, they consider renewing it earlier than 12 months. So better try to renew it first because even if you have 2 year new contract, it is hard to get green card because your passport expires within in 2 years.

rtutte
Newly Registered

Post by rtutte » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:01 pm

Rules changed again. You are back on old track.
You can renew your present work visa for 2 years or until your passport expires(if that happens within 2 years).
http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... sation.htm