ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relocating to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheloz

Relocating to Ireland

Post by cheloz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Hey all,

My wife is British and I'm Israeli (by the way there is an automatic tourist visa upon arrival to Ireland for Israelis).

We've been living in Germany for a year now and at first I had a Language Visa and then changed it to Family Visa which is valid till 2020.

However, when I got the Family Visa, they took the Language Visa card, so basically I have my passport stamped in January 2015, but the only Visa I can show is the Family Visa which starts from October 2015, it won't cause any confusions when we enter Ireland? because the time from January till October is not covered by any proof, I can't show them I was legal there, will they think I overstayed?

Besides, the second question, what do we do upon arrival to Ireland? should I show the German Family Visa, or should I just enter as Israeli tourist because I get automatic tourist visa?
Because actually, when we leave Germany and arrive in Ireland, my German Family Visa is not "active" so to speak, because my wife would leave her job by then, and we would de-register from the City hall..

waiting for your messages,
thanks in advance and Merry Christmas. :D

cheloz

Re: Relocating to Ireland

Post by cheloz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:40 pm

And could someone please write the main points, according to a timeline, what comes first from the moment of arriving into Ireland? I just see so many threads here about PRTB, Temporary Stamp 4, DOJ, INIS, waiting time, etc... but could someone put it numbered simply?

As far as I got it, this is somewhat the order?
1) The non-EU gets a temporary stay (can be 30 days) upon arrival in Ireland
2) So, the non-EU has 30 days to register in Garda with EU 1 Form?
2a?) Report presence to Garda
3) Then the EU and non-EU partner open a bank account, get a Tax number or something etc..
4) Then the EU must find a job
5) When the EU citizen finds a job, both EU and non-EU need to apply for the visa and boom, wait up to 6 months (from what I gathered: wait 6 months, not "up to")

what did I miss? surely I did.. :|

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:15 am

anyone please :)

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:30 pm

m?

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi Cheloz,

Following Steps might help:

1) on arrival at Ireland airport its immigration discretion to give 30 or 90 days stamp.
2)Once in Ireland apply for EU1 before the allowed time expires. For EU1 you need utility bills and preferably PRTB, please refer to EU1 leaflet on inis website.
3)Nowadays it is taking 12 - 14 weeks to get an acknowledgement letter from INIS which you will need to take to register with Garda and get temporary stamp 4. The duration of stamp 4 varies from 03 to 06 months.
4)Once stamp 4 is received then non EU can open bank account, PPS No etc.
5) A decision on residence card should be received with 06 month however it is taking far long by inis to response on such applications.

Gurus, please add additional information if I have missed, Thanks
Hope this helps

wannago

Post by wannago » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:56 pm

HI there just a quick comment on Hamzas post.EU4 stamp is not required for the non EU to get a PPS number.
My wife is Brazilian,and got her PPS number with the following.
Proof of address,we supplied our rental agreement with both our names on it.
Her passport.
Reason for PPS application,we supplied a completed Child benefit form.
Wedding certificate..although this wasn`t needed but we submitted it anyway.

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:00 pm

thanks you two !

so its not possible to open a bank account for the non EU before the (temporary?) stamp 4 ?