ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing my STAMP 4EUFAM. need some clarification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Renewing my STAMP 4EUFAM. need some clarification

Post by ghulammemon198 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello,

I am a non-eu national (Pakistani Citizen) and my wife is EU citizen. Initially, we decided to settle in Germany and then decided to settle in Greece. However, we took a final decision to renew my GNIB card before settling in Germany. My wife is self-employed, she is a freelance academic writer and has a high-income. We used to live in Portlaoise, Immigration officer in Portlaoise issued my GNIB card for 1 and half year due to my passport expiration. Now, we decided to renew my card from Dublin, we will be staying with my dad for around 1 or 2 weeks and to find a place in Dublin. My question is what kind of documents are required to renew my card. Marriage certificate, utility bills, new PRTB letter and rental agreement?. I don't know if they need any new documentation from revenue to confirm if she is still self-employed (she was self employed from august 2014 until july 2015 and then decided to cease her self employment, however after two months since sept 2015, she activated her self-employment status) Her tax returns are due in oct 2016. We are planning to show a bank statement rather than self-employed letter. ( I really know know if they need such documentation). Moreover, we also decided, if we cannot find a place in Dublin, we will temporarily live with my father in order to to get a new PRTB letter and new rental agreement from his landlord. I will appreciate if someone can confirm if I am on the right track to get my card easily? because i realized from my research that INIS is creating unnecessary problems for the genuine cases.

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Re: Renewing my STAMP 4EUFAM. need some clarification

Post by ghulammemon198 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:56 pm

I will appreciate if someone can reply

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Sat May 21, 2016 12:26 pm

If you still have that five years approval letter from the department of justice than you dont need to reapply for a residence card. You should go back to any of the immigration office to get the remainder of your stamp. This is all written in that letter. You must be accompanied with your EU Citizen wife and proof of Joint address.
Stay strong & never Give up!

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sat May 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Thank you for your message. Much appreciated. I know this fact. I have a 5 year approval letter. However, I don't know if it's valid in the system. We are not residing in Ireland from last 1 year. I think 1 year and two months. Technically, my card is invalid. I am not really sure if they know this. In addition to that, I read somewhere in the forum that sometimes immigration officer require the above documents which i mentioned before granting the remaining stamp, immigration officer might want to make sure if my wife is currently exercising her rights.

one2three

Post by one2three » Mon May 23, 2016 2:16 am

I had the same case as you and i went to Immigration office and provided the 5 year letter what i had and they asked me the payslips of my EU spouse as she is employed,

But, if you haven't been living in Ireland for over a year then you have no right to keep that stamp and should let the immigration know and apply for new residence permit all over again because your current stamp is invalid ( at least i think that) and applying new stamp would help you in the long run if you are planing to stay here and eventually would apply for citizenship and you would need her eu treaty exercising proofs for all 5 years.
I am because we are.

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:34 am

one2three wrote:I had the same case as you and i went to Immigration office and provided the 5 year letter what i had and they asked me the payslips of my EU spouse as she is employed,

But, if you haven't been living in Ireland for over a year then you have no right to keep that stamp and should let the immigration know and apply for new residence permit all over again because your current stamp is invalid ( at least i think that) and applying new stamp would help you in the long run if you are planing to stay here and eventually would apply for citizenship and you would need her eu treaty exercising proofs for all 5 years.

As mentioned above, we have no plan to stay permanently in Ireland. My wife is still exercising her rights without residing in Ireland for over a year. She is self-employed, freelance writer and working online. All the payments are transferred to her Irish bank account. I read somewhere in the EU directive 2004/38/EC that we can be absent from the state for 6 months and 12 months in exceptional cases. How immigration will know if we are absent from the state for over a year? There is no entry or exit stamp in my new passport. I know my current stamp is invalid, but we just need an advise if it is possible to renew it in above circumstances.

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:53 am

My card is still valid until 29 june 2016. Do (advisors or gurus) think that I will face some obstacle in entering Ireland or renewing my card? I have no problem in submitting a new application but it will take 6 to 8 months to get a new card. Such action will stop us again temporarily to travel and settle in another EU country. If this is the case, Is it possible to travel to another EU country such as Spain before my card expires? and to file an application in Spain. At least, they will not take 6 to 8 months to issue me a card.

kayenzi
Newly Registered

Post by kayenzi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:28 am

I have a stamp 4 eufam based on a family reunification with my brother but my brother want to return back where he comes from because he is a eu citizen and i am asking if i have right to remain in ireland and when my stamp 4 eufam is expired can i renew as dependent on my own not with with my family member.

kayenzi
Newly Registered

Post by kayenzi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:37 am

And my card is still valid until 2020 can i remain in ireland?

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:08 am

@kay
From what I think you can't remain in the state of your brother is living especially as you still have a long way to go.

I know there's an application to extend stay when eu citizen is leaving but you might not be granted the application.

Can't you return with him back to his country for him to apply residence card for you?

kayenzi
Newly Registered

Post by kayenzi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:51 am

Yes i can go with him. But i was preferring to be in ireland than going with him.