ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renweing Stamp4EUFAM question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Renweing Stamp4EUFAM question

Post by gorgeous » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi guys,

I got my Stamp 4EUFAM last month, on the letter it says that I have 5 years of Stamp 4EUFAM, but the expire date of my GNIB is until 04/2017 (when my passport expires). I was wondering, when renewing it should I get a ticket and wait for 5 hours like last time, or should I just go to counter 1 and with the letter and they renew it?

I just think that it is unfair, they should give us 5 years straight away and stop with this bullshit of giving for only 2/3 years and then having to go back there to renew it.

Also, does my partner need to go with me again? I ask that because he usually travels a lot due to work commitments.

Thanks! :)

coketero

Re: Renweing Stamp4EUFAM question

Post by coketero » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Basically, yes and yes. You will need to with your partner and wait for a few hours.

Gracious2015

Re: Renweing Stamp4EUFAM question

Post by Gracious2015 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:19 am

In my experience, you should be able to get your remaining Stamp4EUFAM on your new passport without having to wait, as long as you can explain your story to the person at the counter. To be honest, it would also depend on who is present at the counter at the time :roll:

gorgeous
Ireland

Re: Reneweing Stamp4EUFAM question

Post by gorgeous » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 am

Yeah, that's true! Let's see what happens =)