ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

requesting passport back without withdrawing application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fsa

requesting passport back without withdrawing application

Post by fsa » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Applied for a accompany spouse visa under EU directive in May 2015 - application is still outstanding as are most peoples - waiting 15 months now

I would like to request my passport back but without withdrawing my application as i need to travel. Is it possible to do this??

Obie
Ireland

Re: requesting passport back without withdrawing application

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:58 pm

You are perfectly entitled to do this and it will not affect your application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

fsa

Post by fsa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:51 am

thanks obie that's excellent news!

Can i request the passport back via email ?(the email contact on the website states due to high amount of applications there is a delay in response)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:17 am

You could make a request via email and you will be informed by the embassy when it will be ready to be picked up.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

HRH

Post by HRH » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:52 am

Hi,

Irish embassy in India is awesomely pathetic. I am sure the irish embassy you are dealing with, won't be much different.
I recently withdrew my mum's application & got her passport back.

First it was just email. Following the email, they replied back in a word "noted".
Then after few days of waiting, I wrote them another email & this time they said they wanted physically signed letter.
After 10 days of sending the letter (received on the same day of sending as per PoD) & nearly 15 days of email, I emailed them, again no response.
Finally I called the Ambassador's office, spoke to a lady. We both gave each other our piece of mind & in the end she asked me to forward the same mail for the 3rd time. ...... After a couple of days, I got my mum's passport.

arahman500
Newly Registered

Post by arahman500 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:10 pm

fsa : r u return ur passport how many days taken to return ur passport . i have also 14 month still no response i also want return my apssport whitout with draw my application
thx