ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to ireland or U.K

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samoht67
Newly Registered

Return to ireland or U.K

Post by samoht67 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Need help as to our returning to Ireland.

I am an Irish citizen, my wife is non EU. We are currently living in Switzerland but employment et al is a disaster and we wish to return to Ireland as soon as possible ideally. I don't want to apply for a spouse visa as we haven't got the financial history for the past 6 months etc. and really just want to get back home asap ( Switzerland has been a nightmare ), having read numerous forums etc. I need to clarify the following:

That we can travel to Ireland without a visa as I am an Irish citizen as we have been resident in Switzerland for over 6 months and Switzerland is included in the Surinder Singh ruling. I can exercise this right on producing our passports and marriage cert at immigration on arrival in Ireland.

I would appreciate any advice,
Regards
Tom

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Return to ireland or U.K

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi Tom,

Is ur wife a visa required national to enter Ireland ? What is her nationality ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 pm

If you are solely an Irish citizen, like me, you can go to the UK, no questions asked. Just apply for an EEA family permit from the cloest British Embassy.

Alternatively, you can return to Ireland under Surinder Singh and apply for EU1. Might find some useful info here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 50833.html
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... p=72284208

I'm not exactly sure of how to do this but I'm sure there is info on the INIS website.

Good luck!

samoht67
Newly Registered

Post by samoht67 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:42 am

Thank you for the replies, Calvin my wife is Schedule 2 visa required for Ireland,
Regards

samoht67
Newly Registered

Post by samoht67 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:55 am

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi Tom,

Is ur wife a visa required national to enter Ireland ? What is her nationality ?
Hi Calvin,
My wife is Albanian so has free movementin Schengen but requires visa for Ireland.

Many Thanks
Tom