ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-employment - Post-nuptual citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johannf

Self-employment - Post-nuptual citizenship

Post by johannf » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:19 pm

I did a search on here but didnt find much on what I needed, so hoping someone out there can shed some light?

I will be applying for post-nuptual citizenship in 3 months time. My one big worry is that I am registered as self-employed since April. I work from the house and I "invoice" my client via Paypal. They pay me via Paypal and I then withdraw the funds into my local bank account. I do send them a proper invoice with all details on it of the job, contact details etc. I dont have my own company as such and when I registered for self-employment i wasnt required to register a business first. I also dont have an accountant.

I've now heard that I will need all sorts of things to prove my self-employment to "them" as part of my application. But have no idea as I cant find any documentation on it.

Can anyone help? What do I need to do. Do I need to register a business, hire an accountant etc? :(

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Self-employment - Post-nuptual citizenship

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:35 pm

johannf wrote:I will be applying for post-nuptual citizenship in 3 months time.(
The Post-Nuptial citizenship provision has now ceased. No declaration lodged after 29th November, 2005 will be accepted under any circumstances.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

johannf

Post by johannf » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Yes. That was for claiming post nuptual citizenship from outside of the island of ireland. If u stay on the island of ireland its still valid.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:53 pm

johannf wrote:Yes. That was for claiming post nuptual citizenship from outside of the island of ireland. If u stay on the island of ireland its still valid.
Could you provide me with a link about this information?

johannf

Post by johannf » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:45 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000014

If u look about halfway down this page it states the conditions for citizenship through marriage.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:45 pm

OMG you are so confusing yourself!

Post-nuptual citizenship has since being discontinued.

You are confusing yourself between Post-nuptual citizenship and Citizenship based on marriage to an Irish National.

Post-nuptual citizenship is whereby you're entitled and get an automatic citizenship after marriage to an Irish national. This has since being discontinued.

You can apply for citizenship based on marriage to an Irish citizenship which you are not entitled to anything, but you can never apply for a Post-nuptual citizenship .

johannf

Post by johannf » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:46 am

I dont see much difference. For both you had to apply and they would decide.

But can we please get back to my question as it has gone off point now.

Can someone pls assist with my question about self-employment and how to prove it to them. Thanks. 8)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:17 pm

johannf wrote:I dont see much difference. For both you had to apply and they would decide.

But can we please get back to my question as it has gone off point now.

Can someone pls assist with my question about self-employment and how to prove it to them. Thanks. 8)
You dont see much difference between an entitlement to an Irish Citizenship and application which is at the absolute discretion on the Minister of justice, plus you must be residence in Ireland for atleast 3 years, be of good character and the list goes on!. Really!!!?

I was meant to answer your questions but for some reasons you tend to be an extremely ungrateful person who refuses to listen and acknowledge mistakes!. How are you ever gonna learn!

The difference between Post-nuptual citizenship and Application based on Marriage to an Irish Citizens are lights-years apart!

Goodbye!!!

johannf

Post by johannf » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi IntegratedMigrant. Thank you for all your replies, but how can you say I am being "ungrateful" when you were the one that hijacked my post? I appreciate you pointing out the things you did but it wasnt even what my question was about??? Now that I am trying to get a straight answer from anyone here that can help me, you are saying I am ungrateful. The pressure on me to get everything right and get citizenship is massive, as I have a family that relies on me. And I am having many sleepless nights because of all the red tape. So if I came accross wrongly or was misunderstood then my apologies. But I still hope someone can help me and not judge me. :?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 pm

johannf wrote:Hi IntegratedMigrant. Thank you for all your replies, but how can you say I am being "ungrateful" when you were the one that hijacked my post? I appreciate you pointing out the things you did but it wasnt even what my question was about??? Now that I am trying to get a straight answer from anyone here that can help me, you are saying I am ungrateful. The pressure on me to get everything right and get citizenship is massive, as I have a family that relies on me. And I am having many sleepless nights because of all the red tape. So if I came accross wrongly or was misunderstood then my apologies. But I still hope someone can help me and not judge me.
Despite not being your question, I pointed that out to you because its best that you have good idea what you're applying for because quite clearly you had no clue. I thought it is best to tell you that what you think you're applying has been discontinued in 2005, thats so many years ago. This is like wanting to apply for a course in college that no longer exists.

Secondly how is pointing out something very important to you hijack? See why I said you're ungrateful. Even though you kept believing and even providing with links that The Post-Nuptial citizenship still exists. I was very shocked that you wanted to apply for citizenship in 2013 but then still living in late 2004.

Anyways I'll try and answer you queries but this should be a lesson for you to try and listen. It'll broaden your knowledge of things. You're not the only person with problems.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:03 pm

johannf wrote:I did a search on here but didnt find much on what I needed, so hoping someone out there can shed some light?

I will be applying for post-nuptual citizenship in 3 months time. My one big worry is that I am registered as self-employed since April. I work from the house and I "invoice" my client via Paypal. They pay me via Paypal and I then withdraw the funds into my local bank account. I do send them a proper invoice with all details on it of the job, contact details etc. I dont have my own company as such and when I registered for self-employment i wasnt required to register a business first. I also dont have an accountant.

I've now heard that I will need all sorts of things to prove my self-employment to "them" as part of my application. But have no idea as I cant find any documentation on it.

Can anyone help? What do I need to do. Do I need to register a business, hire an accountant etc? :(
Firstly I'd like to ask if you are registered with the Revenue? Do you get any form of Tax letters?

divinewill
Newly Registered

Post by divinewill » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:13 pm

NB tax clearance certificate not just letters from revenue sir

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="johannf"]I did a search on here but didnt find much on what I needed, so hoping someone out there can shed some light?

I will be applying for post-nuptual citizenship in 3 months time. My one big worry is that [b]I am registered as self-employed since April. I work from the house and I "invoice" my client via Paypal.[/b] They pay me via Paypal and I then withdraw the funds into my local bank account. I do send them a proper invoice with all details on it of the job, contact details etc. I dont have my own company as such and when I registered for self-employment i wasnt required to register a business first. I also dont have an accountant.

[b]I've now heard that I will need all sorts of things to prove my self-employment to "them" as part of my application. But have no idea as I cant find any documentation on it.[/b]

Can anyone help? What do I need to do. Do I need to register a business, hire an accountant etc? :([/quote]

Firstly I'd like to ask if you are registered with the Revenue? Do you get any form of Tax letters?[/quote]

johannf

Post by johannf » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:34 pm

IntegratedMigration, thanks for the telling me about the post-nuptual citizen option being no more. I was under the impression that it was still an option. I realise that I've misunderstood the information. Sorry.

I am registered with revenue yes and did receive some letters about tax. But as I've only been working for a couple of months as self-employed i havent paid any tax yet? :?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:51 pm

johannf wrote:IntegratedMigration, thanks for the telling me about the post-nuptual citizen option being no more. I was under the impression that it was still an option. I realise that I've misunderstood the information. Sorry.

I am registered with revenue yes and did receive some letters about tax. But as I've only been working for a couple of months as self-employed i havent paid any tax yet? :?
Firstly disregard any comment made by @divinewill as he is a Troll with 2 other users on this Forum, and for some reasons they are all Yoruba.

Sure that's no problem since you receive any form of tax letter as its a concrete proof that you are self-employed.

What were you doing prior to the commencement of your self-employment?

You should know that you must not be in employment for the 3 years of your residence to be eligible to apply and be granted citizenship.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

You started self employment in April 2013. The tax is due in October 2014, BUT it may be paid in January 2014, if you can afford to do so. The best approach is to calcualte the tax due and pay it in January 2014. Then you will get a letter from the Revenue stating the amount you earned from self employment and the tax paid.

You need to declare earnings of at least 6 thousand/year in order to get a PRSI contribution, so make sure you are above this amount.

If you are married and your wife also works in the business she should register as self employed in her own right and also pay tax/prsi (unless she already has a job). If she is self employed she is covered for maternity benefit if she gets pregnant. Paying tax on a self employed basis also covers her for the old age pension and it usually means you pay less tax as a family if both spouses are earning.
BL

granthuse
Newly Registered

Post by granthuse » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi guys can anyone tell me what's the difference between post nuptial citizenship and naturalization?
Thanks

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:54 pm

As long you still not accepting from this forum or read to understand yourself that post nuptial has been done away with in the last past 10th yrs and its no more existing, you may contact a solicitor or call INIS. If you are not born irish citizen or one of your parents are irish or you were born in ireland when one of your parents are legal residence in ireland for 3yrs at the time of birth. The only way to become an irish citizen is through naturalization even if you are married to the irish president or the justice minister you are not entitled to irish citizen. Apply for Naturalization like everyone else and pay the normal fees.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

granthuse
Newly Registered

Post by granthuse » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi! Thank you for your information, i understand that post nuptial no longer exist but what was the difference? And if you are living in Europe for 7 years(outside Ireland ) can your citizenship can be revoked?