ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sharing property ,Tenancy agreement, PRTB letter Bill Eu1 ap

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ireland2016

Sharing property ,Tenancy agreement, PRTB letter Bill Eu1 ap

Post by ireland2016 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi All page members
Thanks for your great efforts in this forum.
I have a few questions regarding EU1 application.
My close friend and his wife living in Ireland since 6 years.
They have 2 kids . They have 5 double bedroom house. Altogether they ae 4 people. the tenancy agreement , utility bills on their names.
Now my friend wants to give us a letter which will says that Mr and Mrs as friends and family will be living with us .
They will give us gas bill as well which is on my friend name.

Basically we will submit as a poof of accomondation with eu1 application my friend name (1)utility bill and (2)their tenancy agreement (3) a letter from them that we are living with them as friends and family...

The above mentioned 1,2 and 3 documents are fine to send with application?

They have a very big house . That's why we are thinking to share with them.

Please give me a good advice/suggestion.

ireland2016

Re: Sharing property ,Tenancy agreement, PRTB letter Bill Eu

Post by ireland2016 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:52 am

ireland2016 wrote:Hi All page members
They have 2 kids . They have 5 double bedroom house. Altogether they ae 4 people. the tenancy agreement , utility bills on their names.
Now my friend wants to give us a letter which will says that Mr and Mrs as friends and family will be living with us .

Basically we will submit as a poof of accomondation with eu1 application my friend name (1)utility bill and (2)their tenancy agreement (3) a letter from them that we are living with them as friends and family...

Any advice and or anybody experienced this kind of situations .

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:38 am

ireland2016 wrote:Hi All page members

Hi there,

There is no specific requirements when applying for EU1 when it comes to accommodation so long as you provide proof of rental agreement, utility bills and is an Irish address (most of which you have already).
Firstly you should make sure the tenancy agreement is legally binding i.e. download a template online or pay for one with all the legal wording in it, where both of you to sign etc (I would not advise using just a A4 written letter from your friend/landlord).

Something to think about:
I am not entirely sure how house sharing works here in Ireland in the eyes of the law but, in some cases it may be necessary for the landlord (or in this case your friend) to have "landlord" or "business" cover for tenants etc. I am saying this because the moment your friend/landlord produces a tenancy agreement that is legally binding, then some particulars of The Residential Tenancies Act 2004 may be applicable.

Good Luck

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi shpirtshqipe
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
Basically he was saying that I have enough rooms in the house and don't pay rent anywhere.
The tenancy agreement which is on his name is from letting agent. He only wrote a letter and mentioned that we are living with them on permanent basis in this house .

I dont know about utility bill if he will put on our names or not..

Do you any gas or electric or any recycling company so we can put bills on our name which is acceptable for visa application

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:07 pm

ireland2016 wrote:Hi shpirtshqipe
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
Basically he was saying that I have enough rooms in the house and don't pay rent anywhere.
The tenancy agreement which is on his name is from letting agent. He only wrote a letter and mentioned that we are living with them on permanent basis in this house .

I dont know about utility bill if he will put on our names or not..

Do you any gas or electric or any recycling company so we can put bills on our name which is acceptable for visa application
I've not had experience on your particular situation but it looks like your friend is Sub-Letting the property rather than being the owner. You can try sending the letter written by your friend but I am not sure it will be accepted by INIS as evidence.
It would be advisable that you and your spouse provide as much evidence of "activity in the state" as it is possible so that you prove to INIS you are exercising treaty rights under the EU directive

Just a thought here but would it not be better if you could add your names to the tenancy agreement???

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 pm

hi
Thanks for your quick reply. i really appreciate it. Basically he is not subletting us . he is not charging us for any rent.
the letter he draft is like this,
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Sub: Conformation of Accommodation in Ireland of Mrs. xxx & Mr. xxx along with a child
I wish to confirm you that above mentioned names are residing with me and they are my
family friends; they will stay with me at my home at xxxxxxzzzzzz(address) Republic of Ireland on permanent basis
The accommodation is 5 double bedrooms house and suitable for both of them.
I am providing you with evidences of my accommodation are as follows;
1) Tenancy Agreement copy
2) Utility Bill
If you required any further information regarding the matter please do contact me at my
below mentioned details, Thanks.

i looked online in this forum someone said that if you are living with a family then you dont need to be register for PRTB .

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:21 am

You don't need PRTB is you are living with someone or the landlord resides at the property, but you will need to show evidence of residence nevertheless.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:30 am

Hi obie.
Thanksfor your reply. That's helpful . I am sure now we will not need PRTB letter. I will try more proof of residence like three network phone bill recycling bill , bank statement etc etc

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:20 pm

ireland2016 wrote:hi
Thanks for your quick reply. i really appreciate it. Basically he is not subletting us . he is not charging us for any rent.
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Sub: Conformation of Accommodation in Ireland of Mrs. xxx & Mr. xxx along with a child
I wish to confirm you that above mentioned names are residing with me and they are my
family friends; they will stay with me at my home at xxxxxxzzzzzz(address) Republic of Ireland on permanent basis
2) Utility Bill
If you required any further information regarding the matter please do contact me at my

i looked online in this forum someone said that if you are living with a family then you dont need to be register for PRTB .
Hi,

Like I said before I am not entirely sure how this will work out for you but the draft letter seems to address what is required by INIS

The emphasis when applying for EU1 is that you seal your residence status by providing as much solid evidence as it is possible. Therefore having a tenancy agreement, PRTB letters and utility bills under your names is essential in having a smooth and straightforward application process (basically you don't want to be going back and forth with INIS asking you more evidence etc). Remember the non-EA person needs to also provide as much evidence of "activity in the state" as does the EU person so be sure both of your names are registered when opening new accounts for utility bills etc.

Have you asked your friend if you could put your name jointly in some of his utility bills? Talking from personal experience here, I was able to add my parent's name on utility bills so this will be one way of increasing your utility bills

My advise would be to speak with your friend and estate agent for adding your names on the tenancy agreement unless the circumstances don't allow this to happen

Remember you need to satisfy INIS beyond doubt that you are exercising the Treaty Rights and not just "scraping" by for the purpose of getting a visa status (I'm not suggesting you are but INIS can use it against you)

Good Luck

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:29 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:
ireland2016 wrote:hi
Dear Sir/ Madam,
2) Utility Bill

Hi,

Like I said before I am not entirely sure how this will work out for you but the draft letter seems to address what is required by INIS

The emphasis when applying for EU1 is that you seal your residence status by providing as much solid evidence as it is possible. Therefore having a tenancy agreement, PRTB letters and utility bills under your names is essential in having a smooth and straightforward application process (basically you don't want to be going back and forth with INIS asking you more evidence etc). Remember the non-EA person needs to also provide as much evidence of "activity in the state" as does the EU person so be sure both of your names are registered when opening new accounts for utility bills etc.

Have you asked your friend if you could put your name jointly in some of his utility bills? Talking from personal experience here, I was able to add my parent's name on utility bills so this will be one way of increasing your utility bills

My advise would be to speak with your friend and estate agent for adding your names on the tenancy agreement unless the circumstances don't allow this to happen

Remember you need to satisfy INIS beyond doubt that you are exercising the Treaty Rights and not just "scraping" by for the purpose of getting a visa status (I'm not suggesting you are but INIS can use it against you)

Good Luck
hi shpirtshqipe
Thank you very much for your brief reply. i really appreciate it. God Bless you.
i dont think so he will add our names on tenancy agreement. i dont want to force him .Because we dont pay any rent. I never seen any bills coming in a post. but the bill he sent with our application on his name is from carol gas company.

1) do you know any utilities bills companies who do joint names on bills and postal bills on monthly basis?
2) Which bank do joint bank account?
3) any phone bill network do joint contract so we can get joint bill on our names?
4) what other things we can put on joint names for proof of residence?

we mentioned in cover letter that Further evidences will be provided in due course, Like
1) PPS Letter
2) Bank Account Details
3) Income Registration Certificate
4) Pay slips

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:16 am

Hi
in addition i was looking INIS website and i found some information on EU1 form explanatory leaflet.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... eaflet.pdf

which is says that( please see underline sentence)

(d) Evidence of residence of applicant and EU citizen in the State

If renting, copies of the following documents should be provided:
• Letter from landlord/agency or tenancy agreement
• Letters of Registration of Tenancy from the Private Residential Tenancies Board
• Utility bills for the applicant and the EU citizen

If home-owning, copies of the following documents should be provided:
• Letter from mortgage provider, local authority or County Council
• Title or deeds as applicable
• Utility bills for the applicant and the EU citizen

Other evidence of residence may be considered if deemed satisfactory. If you are not renting or a homeowner, then the person you are living
with should provide the above documents with a written declaration of your residence from the landlord or homeowner in addition to any
other evidence of your residence

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:35 am

Hi ireland2016,

glad to have been of some help to you
1) do you know any utilities bills companies who do joint names on bills and postal bills on monthly basis?
2) Which bank do joint bank account?
3) any phone bill network do joint contract so we can get joint bill on our names?
4) what other things we can put on joint names for proof of residence?
Almost any company will be able to provide joint accounts or the account being on two names:

The ones I'm certain of are:
Virgin Media Broadband or Monthly pay mobile phone contracts
Bord Gais - Electricity and Gas
Irish Water
Greenstar waste removal
TV licensing
Any bank will give you joint account
Credit cards can be on joint names

I'd say when you ring around for getting quotes etc ask them if the account can be on two names

Obviously apart from having joint accounts you can also provide evidence of residence on your individual names, examples are letters from your GP, Child's school, your employer confirming type of employment and salary, include any travel bills within the state i.e. if you have gone away for a short break in Ireland and stayed in a hotel.
I know all these may sound trivial but the more evidence you provide the better you position yourself and fulfill INIS's "evidence of activity in the state"

we mentioned in cover letter that Further evidences will be provided in due course, Like
1) PPS Letter
2) Bank Account Details
3) Income Registration Certificate
4) Pay slips
Unless your names are on the tenancy agreement, you will not be receiving PRTB letters. That's because your landlord or letting agency will need to contact the PRTB and register your names in order for you to receive a confirmation letter of registration

Good luck shiprtshqipe

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:32 am

hi shiprtshqipe
thank you very very much for your help.
i really appreciate your help.
basically the person we are living with he is not himself the landlord . he is our family friend .
he wrote a letter on our name that we are living with him on permanent basis.

But they say in EU1 form that ,
If renting, copies of the following documents should be provided:
Letter from landlord/agency or tenancy agreement[/b]
but he is not landlord himself.

he has signed the letter and mentioned his contact details on that letter .

i am just worry about the this Letter from landlord/agency or tenancy agreement[/b] but he is not landlord himself. i dont know if that will be ok

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:39 am

Hi ireland2016,
basically the person we are living with he is not himself the landlord . he is our family friend .
he wrote a letter on our name that we are living with him on permanent basis.

he has signed the letter and mentioned his contact details on that letter
i am just worry about the this Letter from landlord/agency or tenancy agreement but he is not landlord himself. i dont know if that will be ok
That's what I was saying previously that in your cover letter you can't put "PRTB letters as further evidence to follow" unless you are going to register your name on the tenancy agreement. I understand you friend is not the landlord and that asking him to put your names on the tenancy agreement is not an option at present.

I have not had experience such as yours but, you can only provide INIS with what you have. So logically you are providing evidence of accommodation with your friend's letter. I can only suggest that you make sure to provide as much evidence of activity in the state as possible to "compensate" for not having a tenancy agreement on your names.

Good Luck

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi shpirtshqipe

i hope you will be fine. my friend put gas bill on our name.
but he said he just add up our name on the bill so basically before the bill was on his name and his wife name and now the bill is on them and our name as well. so basically gas bill is now on four names..
i think as far our name is on the bill it will be no problem.

any idea ?

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:42 pm

i hope you will be fine. my friend put gas bill on our name.
but he said he just add up our name on the bill so basically before the bill was on his name and his wife name and now the bill is on them and our name as well. so basically gas bill is now on four names..
i think as far our name is on the bill it will be no problem.

any idea ?
Hi Ireland2016

That's good for you, the more evidence you show the better it is as I have suggested in my previous posts

Good Luck

vanjam
Newly Registered

Post by vanjam » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Could you let us know if INIS accepted your proofs of address?

ireland2016

Post by ireland2016 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:24 pm

vanjam wrote:Could you let us know if INIS accepted your proofs of address?
Hi
Yes they accepted.. they just asking for 2 recent payslips

ireland2016

EU1 application payslips (wages paid in cash )

Post by ireland2016 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:31 am

Hi
I hope everyone is fine. I have applied in November 2016 and got temporary Stamp4/ GNIB card for 8 months.
In acknowledgement letter they just only asking for 2 recent payslips. My partner just only work for 2 weeks so far. The employer can't pay wages in account because my partner don't have a bank account yet. Account will be opened on Monday.
They wages will be cash and will show in payslip paid in cash.

Next week and the week after wages will be coming in bank account directly...

My question is shall we just send the first 2 payslips with cash paid
Or
We should wait two weeks more to come the wages in bank account directly.
Does it matter whether paid in cash or paid in to bank ?

noajthan

Re: EU1 application payslips (wages paid in cash )

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:36 pm

You need a papertrail.
Payslips are easily falsified.

Suggest wait until sponsor is paid via bank.
Or at least pays cash wages into bank.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.