ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Stay C Visa (EU Treaty) - Proposed dates?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kthomsen
Newly Registered

Short Stay C Visa (EU Treaty) - Proposed dates?

Post by kthomsen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi everyone,

Okay, so my wife is about to apply for a Short Stay C Visa, as an entry visa for our relocation to Ireland. We are relocating and exercising the EU Treaty Right.

But in the online application she has to enter proposed dates (both entry AND leave dates) for the stay AND an address for "Contact / Host in Ireland". This is mandatory!

And this is where I get confused. What to do?? We cannot book a hotel and move until we know if she has a visa, of course so...

1. Should we book a hotel for when we expect / want to move, and then enter those dates for the booking in the application? Of course this won't be that good, because then we HAVE TO enter Ireland within that 1-2 week.

2. Should we book a hotel for when we expect to enter Ireland, and then enter a entry/leave date with a time span of 90 days (which is the maximum time you can stay on a short stay)? E.g. Entry on February 3rd, 2017 and then leave date around May 3rd, 2017?

This is confusing to me.
I got an e-mail from INIS saying that the dates should match the hotel bookings, but I called the Irish Embassy today, and they told me that I could just enter 90 days.

So this is REALLY confusing! :/

Thanks!