ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lucieee
Newly Registered

Spousal visa Application

Post by Lucieee » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:18 am

Hi Guys,

Same request as it is all incredibly confusing, no consulate has a clue so I am hoping that someone on here will know the answers.

I am a UK citizen, irish by foreign birth cerificate. I have resided in nigeria since 2012 with my partner, though married a year ago. I want to move back and the UK have inevitably created a situation for people like myself incredibly difficult. So I am seriously contemplating making Ireland my full time home. I have lots of questions.

1. If anyone has relocated with an african spouse has there spouse felt comfortable or like an minority
2. What is the currency like at the moment with regards to the cost of living, can people pay rent and live comfortably
3. With regards to employment are there opportunities in the south.

Now for the real tricky stuff.
we are looking to visit ireland as visitors initially later this year, what is the correct criteria for me to sponsor my husband to visit the country?

Has anyone tried sucessfully to relocate with there spouse, as we would come together.
1. Would I have to relocate first?
2. Can we rent on a spousal visa?
3. How long is a spousal visa for UK is 2.5yrs

Many thanks

Lucieee
Newly Registered

Relocating to Dublin with a non EU spouse

Post by Lucieee » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:36 am

Hi I see you wrote this some time ago.

I am in a a very similar position to the position you were in a few years ago.
I am British citizen, though I also have irish birth rights as I claimed through my ancestry.

I am currently in Nigeria with my husband, we have been together now four years married for one. Again due to the rising instability in Nigeria I am desperate to work towards relocating permanently with my husband.
The UK is very difficult, as the nature of work I do i must interview face to face and go through rigorous checks, so it could be 12 months before I am employed so the other financial implications etc stated we could be apart 2 years which would both be frustrating, financially exhausting and unfair.

I therefore would like to make ireland my home, but I have no idea how to proceed.
Would I have to relocate prior to him, or could we go together.
Does he need to visit first before applying.
Do we have to own a house or can we rent, to domicile.

Immigration is incredibly challenging I find, and no one appears to have the right advice the lawyers just want money, citizens advice direct to websites that give no information, and consulates just tell you to apply a visa without any information.

I hope things worked well for you, and you have now settled.