ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish National Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amyx
Newly Registered

Spouse of Irish National Query

Post by amyx » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi,

Any advice would be more than welcome.

My husband is a Non-EU so he requires Visa for coming to Ireland. We have been married for almost a year now. I want to Apply for his visa to accompany me, However would you suggest going through the application through a Solicitor or will I just apply individually? Also, can anyone suggest any good Solicitor in Dublin that takes Immigration cases?

According to INIS Policy Document on Non EEA Family reunification, I being an Irish Citizen should have earned a minimum of €40,000 in the three years period.
(17.2 An Irish citizen, in order to sponsor an immediate family member, must not have been totally or predominantly reliant on benefits from the Irish State for a continuous period in excess of 2 years immediately prior to the application and must over the three-year period prior to application have earned a cumulative gross income over and above any State benefits of not less than €40k.)
I don't meet this requirement as I am a student with part time job (25-30 hour a week). So i just want to be very careful with the application process.

Monifé

Re: Spouse of Irish National Query

Post by Monifé » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:41 pm

I have been through the spouse of Irish national process (in Ireland - not accompany/join visa) however there was no financial requirement, as far as I am aware, when we applied (2011), although I did meet it as I worked full time.

How are you supporting yourself financially? I am assuming you need to show that you can support yourself and your husband (until he finds work). I would imagine they would be quite strict with this due to the recent recession and lack of jobs. Have you ever lived (and worked/studied) in another EU country?

[Name removed] solicitors are good with immigration matters although the immigration authorities don't really like dealing with solicitors and it has been rumoured that they would delay such applications. Perhaps seek the advice of a solicitor (with regards to the financial requirement), but apply yourself.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

amyx
Newly Registered

Post by amyx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Monifé wrote:I have been through the spouse of Irish national process (in Ireland - not accompany/join visa) however there was no financial requirement, as far as I am aware, when we applied (2011), although I did meet it as I worked full time.

How are you supporting yourself financially? I am assuming you need to show that you can support yourself and your husband (until he finds work). I would imagine they would be quite strict with this due to the recent recession and lack of jobs. Have you ever lived (and worked/studied) in another EU country?

[Name removed] solicitors are good with immigration matters although the immigration authorities don't really like dealing with solicitors and it has been rumoured that they would delay such applications. Perhaps seek the advice of a solicitor (with regards to the financial requirement), but apply yourself.

That could be the reason, they are so strict about it right now and apparently they will be changing law next year 2016. Currently im working FT and also living with my parents so dependant on them you can say.
name of the solicitor got removed, could you private msg me?

amyx
Newly Registered

Post by amyx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm

That could be the reason, they are so strict about it right now and apparently they will be changing law next year 2016. Currently im working FT and also living with my parents so dependant on them you can say.
name of the solicitor got removed, could you private msg me?