ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STAMP 4 (5 Year Approvels) in March April and May 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Re: STAMP 4 (5 Year Approvels) in March April and May 2016

Post by Ramayan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:07 am

Dear Viking23,

Have you received anything yet? My decision was due on 2nd May 2016 (few days after yours) and I am still waiting.

A

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ramayan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 am

Dear Tayyabb99

Reading through the posts your decision was due on the 21st March 2016 and I am just wondering if you have heard anything yet?

I am just trying to work out how much longer to wait. Reading through the posts average wait is 8 months.

A

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:21 am

All,

Looks like there is a delay of 2 months in decision our decision is due end of this month, is it worth reminding them earlier?

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ramayan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:49 am

Dear Hamza

I don't think there is any value in reminding earlier than 6 months. From my experience there is no value in even asking for your application to be processed after 6 months are over as you will most likely receive standard email replies.

Though, it is good for the soul and does feel good to email and ask for an application update.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Its really sad that applications are taking 8 months, Looks like we will be hitting Oct in our case,

Tayyab99

Post by Tayyab99 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi ramayan, actually that was my friend's timeline, 21 march and he received his decision in 8 may about 7 weeks late.
Mine was due on 15 may and and nothing yet.

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ramayan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Thank you Tayyab. Mine was due on 2nd May and still waiting.

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:01 pm

This people doing their job sooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Dublinhope....:
I've been following your case
Slowwwwwwwww is an understatement
It's extremely frustrating
I've just decided to give up and take whatever decision at he end of the day

Tayyab99

Post by Tayyab99 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi everyone, on my 3rd email so far again same copy paste stuff been replied, as rajreading mentioned above.
Application are dealt with strictly chronological order and office will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
No idea what caused these delays because few weeks ago decisions were issued after few days of expiry of temporary stamp but now its getting late up2 10 to 12 weeks after expiry of temp stamp,
Don't know whats going on in there...

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:53 pm

They are obviously taking their time
Plus I'm sure they are flustered with applications
I've taken my mind of it and worrying about other things

dhoward
Newly Registered

Post by dhoward » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:35 pm

At least you guys are still getting the copy/paste reply. My emails are being completely ignored lately. I'm pretty sure they are going into the spam folder.

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ramayan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:02 am

I think there are few possibilities for the delay and it is difficult to pin point why the delay as there is very little transparency i.e. we are never told which applications are processed and we are never told how long the wait will be.

1. Applications are delayed deliberately
2. Applications are delayed due to large number of applications being received
3. Applications are delayed after 23rd June for some reason

Does any one know any body who have received a decision after the 23rd June please?

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:45 am

Ramayan wrote:I think there are few possibilities for the delay and it is difficult to pin point why the delay as there is very little transparency i.e. we are never told which applications are processed and we are never told how long the wait will be.

1. Applications are delayed deliberately
2. Applications are delayed due to large number of applications being received
3. Applications are delayed after 23rd June for some reason

Does any one know any body who have received a decision after the 23rd June please?
A decision on my wife's application is due next month. I contacted them and they were citing there is a delay due to a large number of applications. Whether that is true is anyone's guess but the fact remains they should be better prepared to decided these applications within 6 months.

It's looking like October now till we hear anything.

I wonder whether we have a case for compensation once 6 months period has passed? Maybe that will be an incentive for them to comply with the law.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:54 am

I think we should all contact MEPs. Not sure this is a good idea.

The below are the contact details:

http://www.finegael.ie/our-people/meps/

I hope it helps

Tayyab99

Post by Tayyab99 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi, we can rule out the referendum doubt because laws are same and article 50 is not trigger yet and even it is triggered it will take up to 2 years for UK to come out of Europe by 2019 so I'm pretty sure Inis won't hold applications for next 2 years.
The only thing left is large volume of applications and a friend of mine was asked to wait 6- 8 weeks on sixth week he started emailing them and and by 8th week he had his decision back in may.
We been told to wait 8 to 10 weeks and let's see it goes same way and we get our decisions on 10th week.
Somebody mentioned here his decision was due May 2 so let's follow him because he might be first one in Line if they really dealing chronological order.
Is there anyone who's decision was due before may??

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ramayan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:33 pm

My decision was due on 2nd May and still waiting.

Viking23's decision was due on 27th April and also waiting.

I know someone whose decision was due on 11th April who got their decision on Friday, 20th May (in 7 months and 11 days)

So we know they have processed applications on 11th April. Now what I don't know is how many applications can they receive in 16 days (after 11th April and before 27th April) that Viking23's decision is still pending.

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:51 pm

I doubt if it's is really chronological
Guess it's a thing of random sampling really
Seen people gotten acknowledgement and stamp 4 after the date I applied
I've not even gotten acknowledgement
So maybe.... They come to work ... Close their eyes and pick randomly 6 files for the week, only God knows
But delay could be because there's a large number of applications
So they handle it however they like really.

Tayyab99

Post by Tayyab99 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Hello friends, any news, story , roumers, from friends, family or any solicitors, are these delays because of so many british people applying for irish passports? I heard 6000 people applied from northern ireland only

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Post by Ramayan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:58 am

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Important Notice - July 2016
Due to the large volume of applications, EU Treaty Rights Unit is currently experiencing delays.
While every effort is made to issue a decision on your application as soon as possible current processing times are approximately 10 months from date of receipt of application.
Acknowledgement of receipt of applications and the grant of temporary permission pending a decision on the application can take up to 12 weeks or more.
Processing times will vary having regard to the complexity of the application and the possible need for EU Treaty Rights Unit to seek further information. Documentation submitted in support of your application will be attached to your file for consideration.
Persons may seek to extend their temporary permission to reside in the State (i.e. the permission that was granted by an official of EU Treaty Rights Unit pending a decision on their application). Persons should contact their local Registration Office who may extend the permission while the application is being processed by EU Treaty Rights Unit.
Extension of temporary permission by Immigration Officers will only be considered where the applicant has been deemed by EU Treaty Rights Unit to be a Qualifying Family Member or Permitted Family Member as provided in the Regulations.
Please do not contact EU Treaty Rights Unit unless absolutely necessary to allow us to devote the maximum time to the processing of applications.
In the event that you require an immediate response please submit your query in writing to:
EU Treaty Rights Applications Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:57 am

Ramayan wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Important Notice - July 2016
Due to the large volume of applications, EU Treaty Rights Unit is currently experiencing delays.
While every effort is made to issue a decision on your application as soon as possible current processing times are approximately 10 months from date of receipt of application.
Acknowledgement of receipt of applications and the grant of temporary permission pending a decision on the application can take up to 12 weeks or more.
Processing times will vary having regard to the complexity of the application and the possible need for EU Treaty Rights Unit to seek further information. Documentation submitted in support of your application will be attached to your file for consideration.
Persons may seek to extend their temporary permission to reside in the State (i.e. the permission that was granted by an official of EU Treaty Rights Unit pending a decision on their application). Persons should contact their local Registration Office who may extend the permission while the application is being processed by EU Treaty Rights Unit.
Extension of temporary permission by Immigration Officers will only be considered where the applicant has been deemed by EU Treaty Rights Unit to be a Qualifying Family Member or Permitted Family Member as provided in the Regulations.
Please do not contact EU Treaty Rights Unit unless absolutely necessary to allow us to devote the maximum time to the processing of applications.
In the event that you require an immediate response please submit your query in writing to:
EU Treaty Rights Applications Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

Do we have to apply for Stamp 4 extension or is it legal to stay on a Expired Stamp 4 until we get the decision?

Tayyab99

Post by Tayyab99 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Raja.brit, anyone who is waiting on his decision is completely legal in state, you can get few extra months stamp if you have problem regarding work, for example employer asking for up to date documents or you want to travel, but i wonder how many applications were submitted in these 2 months so department is so stuck, people whose decision were due in march and april they got in may or june.
If any mendator can tell us anything that would help a lot, is this 10 months timeframe is for everyone who newly submitted applications or like us waiting from last 8 months already, because when our times were due we were asked to wait another 6 to 8 or 8 to 10 weeks.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Tayyab99 wrote:Raja.brit, anyone who is waiting on his decision is completely legal in state, you can get few extra months stamp if you have problem regarding work, for example employer asking for up to date documents or you want to travel, but i wonder how many applications were submitted in these 2 months so department is so stuck, people whose decision were due in march and april they got in may or june.
If any mendator can tell us anything that would help a lot, is this 10 months timeframe is for everyone who newly submitted applications or like us waiting from last 8 months already, because when our times were due we were asked to wait another 6 to 8 or 8 to 10 weeks.
Thanks Tayyab99. Appreciate your reponse and it makes sense.

I did email INIS this morning and no response yet.

Absolutely, it makes no sense to delay our applications.

Hoping we should get it by next month.

Fingers crossed for us.

Best regards,
Raja

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:37 pm

this guys on holiday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:31 am

Hi,

Is this 10 week wait for new applications or existing one too?

Any one have ideas?