ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 - Documents and Extra Documents - Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zell
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 - Documents and Extra Documents - Questions

Post by zell » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:27 am

Hi lads, I am new here but I hope you can help with my silly doubts. I appreciate any help. :)

My name is Miguel, I'm from Brazil and I had lived in Ireland for 3 year as student. I got married (in Brazil) with my Canadian wife, who has British passport as well. She has been living in Ireland since 4 years old but still using her British passport - she didn't claim for any Irish naturalization. At moment She is in Ireland and I am in Brazil where I will flight back to Ireland in the next month.

I will try to be as clear as possible. So the situation is:

I am applying for stamp 4 - Spouse of a EU citizen, which I have few doubts about the form EU1 (mainly the documents needed). Honestly I was looking for any email where I could ask those question to INIS but I couldn't find. I hope you guys can help me.

1 - I have my Brazilian Marriage Certificate and my the Certified Translation stamped by Irish Embassy. My question is: This translation is valid in the Irish territory OR do I need to have my marriage certificate translated IN Ireland only?

2 - There says my wife need to have a Private Insurance. My question is: Do I have to have Insurance as well? Any insurance or there is some specifics which we can't have?

3 - She is living with her parents, so she doesn't rent or own a house. Her parents will make a letter saying basically "she lives with her parents". My question is: Do they should include me in the letter, to we have the same address? Because I am a bit confuse about how to have a "joint address" if she lives with her parents at moment
(I mean, I will be living with her untill the stamp 4 is done, so mostly like its for a short period)

4 - What kind of extra documents you guys recommend me too attach to the form? I am going to put statement of my bank account, copies of my old passport showing my "imigration history", my PPS number. What else should I add?

5 - What could I use for "Evidence of financial resources" besides of bank statements and payslips?

6 - By the fact of we have a Marriage Certificate, do both of us need to bring our birth certificate as well? (my brazilian and her canadian)

7 - How do I know if I am applying for "Stamp 4" OR "Stamp 4FAM" ? what is the difference?

By now that's it!
Sorry for bug you guys with my silly questions. Feel free to ask me in case you dont understand what I meant.

THANK YOU again. I really appreciate any help.

Cheers,
Miguel

aganty

Re: Stamp 4 - Documents and Extra Documents - Questions

Post by aganty » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi Miguel to start with am only giving an advice beside its up to INIS to decide.. following your explanation the private insurance there surely refers to medical which you and your wife can go register at any Gp that means she has to go off the general medical card if she has one..
And on that of you marriage certificate if the certified is in English that should do..
With the address how can you justify that you both are happily married couples if you don't even leave together?
Well if she getting a letter from her parents it should include you as well and have all your address changes to that place too switch to joint account if you don't have one already..
And the Eu1 form is basically for eufam application...
Has you wife been working or in school?
Because for your application to be successful your wife must have exercised her Eu treaty rights which is the basic form and ground of your application so if not she has to get into any full time studies or work before u make your application..
Anyway like I said just an advice

zell
Newly Registered

Post by zell » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:11 pm

aganty wrote:Hi Miguel to start with am only giving an advice beside its up to INIS to decide.. following your explanation the private insurance there surely refers to medical which you and your wife can go register at any Gp that means she has to go off the general medical card if she has one..
And on that of you marriage certificate if the certified is in English that should do..
With the address how can you justify that you both are happily married couples if you don't even leave together?
Well if she getting a letter from her parents it should include you as well and have all your address changes to that place too switch to joint account if you don't have one already..
And the Eu1 form is basically for eufam application...
Has you wife been working or in school?
Because for your application to be successful your wife must have exercised her Eu treaty rights which is the basic form and ground of your application so if not she has to get into any full time studies or work before u make your application..
Anyway like I said just an advice
first of all, thank you very for much for your advices ;)

-Yeah, I read some where people saying basicly the "normal insurance" is not acceptable but got confused if it was only for me or we both. Now you have solve my question. In fact I will contract a proper insurance for both of us just incase.
-Well ok I will keep my translation.
-That´s the point, I am moving to Ireland to live with her. I will change my banck account, revenue, and bills to the same adress of her. OK I will include my name on that letter. My doubt now is: when they say "joint adress" it means have a post (ie. bill) with my and her name on the same post OR just have posts addressed to the same place? got me?
-Oh ok.. I thought I had to do something different between Stamp4 and Stamp4fam
-About my wife, Yes! she is studying (college) and working part-time as well. Documents about this two topics is easy to get and as you said we know those are very important in the aplication.

;)

aganty

Post by aganty » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Glad your saw some light in it...
On the joint address should be fine when you put joint account statement considering the fact that you guys leave with her parents so all bills are in their name the letter you getting from them should cover that..