ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 refused because of criminal record

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Serotonin
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 refused because of criminal record

Post by Serotonin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi guys/girls.
I have been on Student probationary extension for 2 years and due to get 6 months stamp 4 extension and was refused by the officer this time because of a criminal conviction that I committed over 2 years ago. It's section 6 intoxicated in public place, breach of peace and I believe assault causing harm section 18 something not 100% sure.I was sentenced to a month in jail and served 7 nights and rest suspended after the appeal.had to sign on daily in my local station for 3 months.haven't come to the attention of gardai since and I moved on with my life and received help from support groups and self help videos.when I got 2 years extension I wasn't refused (same law be a good character) was present 2 years ago.but this time I was refused ?! I know its most of the time up to individual officers.
To be honest I wasn't expecting this and was told to send email to review group of justice.is has it happen to anyone here? I really don't want that experience to have huge impact on Visa :( a stupid thing to do when I was totally drunk on a night out.oh well guess can't go back there and change it...

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 refused because of criminal record

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:19 pm

If u have a clear record after that incident, u better to appeal the decision and most important thing to get a solicitor, u r in a mess and DOJ wouldn't even reply to ur emails or letters but when a solicitor write to them at least they will reply to them.

All the best and keep away from trouble.

Serotonin
Newly Registered

Post by Serotonin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:03 am

Thanks a lot CalvinKlein ! I've been doing good since that unfortunate experience and hopefully never will be in a similiar situation. I've no experience with Immigration Solicitors I presume most of them charge a lot.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:40 am

Yes they will charge you between 500 to 1000.

It's a lesson for all of us, the criminal record will never leave u alone. A friend of mine went to Australia (Irish citizen by birth) and on the Airport Australian Immigration found that he had an offense in 1999 and was jailed for 4 months in Dublin, he was deported for a crime that occurred 15 years ago.

So lesson for all of us to be very careful in life.

Serotonin
Newly Registered

Post by Serotonin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:19 pm

CK- Thanks for the input.I'll ring a couple of Immigration Solicitors and see. Just thinking mine is not related to theft,fraud,drugs,beloved or murder so there could be a good chance...

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Yes, appeal again and most likely you will be fine.

And keep the serotonin and dopamine levels balanced :D

Serotonin
Newly Registered

Post by Serotonin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am

Masterboy thanks ! My current Serotonin production is quite high thanks to google and some herbs.Dopamine I get from cycling.2 very important neurotransmitters :D I was told each visit to an Immigration solicitor is around 200€. Not sure if it's a decent price...have other health issues to sort out and this thing is not helping at all.have appointments with a Physical Therapist and a Major hospital.I might send a mail through An Post. just read the appeal section and they won't even consider email or fax which is exactly the opposite of what I was told in INiS.Anyways, thanks for all the inputs.Appreciated.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:25 pm

For all immigration issues. €59 for initial consultation to fully analyse your situation. This covers one hour. €100 for written application to the appropriate section of immigration. Email spammingemaild@gmail.com with a contact number and brief info to arrange consultation
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

Lee24
Newly Registered

Post by Lee24 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi, I'm a professional immigration lawyer. I spam forums and I have a Gmail account so you should take me seriously.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 am

@ Lee24

If you are an professional Immigration lawyer than why would you be seeking help on this forum. Example of your post below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1098125

Also how many other ID's do you use beside "Leinsterimmig" and "Lee24" ?????

Please try to be descent and truthful.....

Lee24
Newly Registered

Post by Lee24 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:26 am

CalvinKlien wrote:@ Lee24

If you are an professional Immigration lawyer than why would you be seeking help on this forum. Example of your post below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1098125

Also how many other ID's do you use beside "Leinsterimmig" and "Lee24" ?????

Please try to be descent and truthful.....