ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 Renewal Requirements/Guidelines - Freelance work!?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nb20
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 Renewal Requirements/Guidelines - Freelance work!?

Post by nb20 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Hello everyone. I can not find information anywhere and I'm hoping someone will be able to help. I tried going to the Garda and asking but they were unsure and I sent out some e-mails without any replies, so here it goes!

I've been working in Ireland for a couple years. I came here on a green card permit to work in IT, which is a shortage skill. I've successfully gained a stamp 4 and changed my employer as I am now able to work unrestricted in Ireland; however, I've been thinking of making a career change and freelancing/contracting. My question is how will this effect my stamp 4 renewal!?

Will it matter that i won't be working in IT anymore?

If I am still making money/paychecks and supporting myself will this be all that's required to renew my stamp 4, or what are their guidelines/requirements in determining this!?

Would there also be a salary limit as well?

I'd like to find out this information before leaving my job and starting a new career contracting/freelancing.

Thanks everyone!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 Renewal Requirements/Guidelines - Freelance work

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:08 pm

Since you have been granted stamp 4, you are no longer under the Green card scheme, and do not need permission from the minister to engage in Self-Employment.

You will be able to renew at the Local immigration office.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vanjam
Newly Registered

Re: Stamp 4 Renewal Requirements/Guidelines - Freelance work

Post by vanjam » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:57 pm

After how many years you have right to apply for citizenship in your case?