ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4-EUFAM and re-entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

curious9
Newly Registered

Stamp4-EUFAM and re-entry visa

Post by curious9 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I am on a stamp4-eufam visa which is valid for 5 years. I re-cently went to INIS office in Burgh quay to apply for a mutiple entry visa but the lady refused to give me one saying there is no option in their system for them to issue me one because i am on stamp 4-eufam.

I have a letter from INIS saying i am exempt from irish re-entry visa requirements as i have eufam residence card. I was wondering if anyone from here is on stamp4-eufam whether they can shed more light on the issue.

I am due to travel to India in june this year and i have heard many scary stories that airline/immigration from India didnt allow some stamp4-eufam people to board as they didnt have a re-entry visa to Ireland.

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards,
Manish

iluvireland

Re: Stamp4-EUFAM and re-entry visa

Post by iluvireland » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:57 pm

You do not need re entry visa to come Ireland.

curious9
Newly Registered

Post by curious9 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks iluvireland :) I was just worried incase the airline or immigration from india refuses me to board on my way back to ireland.

Kind regards,
Manish

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:24 pm

curious9 wrote:Thanks iluvireland :) I was just worried incase the airline or immigration from india refuses me to board on my way back to ireland.

Kind regards,
Manish
Have a look at the decision letter Inis sent you to tell you you would be granted the Stamp 4 EUFam. The letter should clearly say that with this type of residence card you are allowed to enter Ireland without a reentry visa. To be on the safe side you can carry that letter with you and show it to the airline staff or immigration officer in India (of course if they decide to be stupid they can still stop you, but they would definitely be wrong).

My partner also has a Stamp 4 EU Fam. She flew several times to Ireland from China / Hong Kong and a number of European countries and no one ever stopped her. The only time airport staff was a bit annoying was in mainland China to board a flight to Hong-Kong before returning to Ireland from there. They seemed to have strict instructions to check that passengers coming from mainland China and transiting through Hong-Kong have a visa for their final destination. But after asking us a lot of questions and reviewing the letter they eventually let her through).

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46 pm

I have stamp4eufam.

You dont need re-entry visa. Just take the letter from immigration which says you're exempt from re-entry visa.

curious9
Newly Registered

Post by curious9 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Many thanks Jeupsy and Masterboy123. I found this wonderful forum today and i see many members like yourself have contributed greatly towards putting fellow immigrants minds to rest by their own experience stories.

Thanks a bunch once and again.

Regards,
Manish

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:53 pm

@ Manish

You do not need re-entry visa and most of the major airlines know about this rule that no re-entry is required on 4EUFam. Make sure you keep ur marriage certificate and approval letter of your 4EUFam, passport copy of your wife, every where u travel.

curious9
Newly Registered

Post by curious9 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Thank you CalvinKlein :D I will take the documents you mentioned when I travel.

God bless

jbkc12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jbkc12 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi there I am stamp 4eufam holder and treveled 4 times to India and never had problem at airport just in case keep a copy of approval of your stamp 4eufam .

curious9
Newly Registered

Post by curious9 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Thank you jbkc12 for your response and putting my mind at ease :)

God bless