ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamps on Passport for Irish Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uberneo
Newly Registered

Stamps on Passport for Irish Citizenship

Post by uberneo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi All,

As per the requirement to apply for Irish Citizenship , it says that you should have continuous 365 days in the last year before apply and as per the residency calculator it asks you to add all the dates from stamps on your passport.But the problem is that it takes around 2 weeks to get the new Garda Card and only then you will get the stamp on the date you receive it , even on the garda card the issue date is mentioned as 2 weeks before.
In my case the current stamp 1 is finishing on 27-Jun-2015 and I have applied for Garda card on 25-Jun-2015 which means that on my Garda Card the issue date will be 25-Jun-2015 but on my passport the stamp will be of 2 weeks later which is 9-Jul-2015 and if i put that date in residency calculator it says that there is a break in my residency ,but from Garda card's perspective there is no break . I have talked to the Immigration officer at local Garda station in Cork and she said that I can write to Garda Office Dublin and ask them to provide me the history of my residency but I am not sure whether that will be accepted as the proof of my continuous residency and also does the dates from my Garda card can be put in residency calculator instead of the dates on my passport stamps.

Any pointers / suggestion / help.

Thanks

hunjra
Ireland

Re: Stamps on Passport for Irish Citizenship

Post by hunjra » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello
you have to go Citizenship support office or call them but better just go there with your all documents , it is free service , if you have letters that issue for stamps take with u . They gonna help you definitely , Thye will check your Residency calculation and let you know go ahead .. then they will fill your application form and ll check ur supporting documents etc. no need appointment

Address: newcommunities.ie/
NCP Cork, 107 Shandon Street, Cork. Tel: 021 2399910
9.30 am – 4.30
llll

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:58 am

hunjra wrote:Hello
you have to go Citizenship support office or call them but better just go there with your all documents , it is free service , if you have letters that issue for stamps take with u . They gonna help you definitely , Thye will check your Residency calculation and let you know go ahead .. then they will fill your application form and ll check ur supporting documents etc. no need appointment

Address: newcommunities.ie/
NCP Cork, 107 Shandon Street, Cork. Tel: 021 2399910
9.30 am – 4.30
I used the one in Clondalkin (Dublin West) and they were brilliant!

Great free service to have!

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:48 am

Hi All,

Thanks for replying. I will definitely talk to NCP @ Cork but just wondering if I put Issue date of my last Garda Card in place of last stamp from my passport in Residency calculator then will that be acceptable. Also I will attach the copy of my residency history obtained by Garda office 13/14 Burgh Quay Dublin which confirms that there is no gaps from Garda card perspective.
Does anybody have done that if yes then could you please share your experience.

I am just really worried if they reject my application even though I have no gaps from Garda card perspective

Thanks

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:25 pm

uberneo wrote:I am just really worried if they reject my application even though I have no gaps from Garda card perspective
Why would it be rejected? It was not a delay from your side. If not they why? You are not the only person who has this difference in dates due to the new format of the GNIB cards.