ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange case: Stamp 4 EU and Irish Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stanakines

Strange case: Stamp 4 EU and Irish Citizenship

Post by stanakines » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:52 am

Hey everyone

My case is a little bit strange that why i came to look for some advice or if some people had or have the issue than me.

I came in Ireland in July 2009 with my EU National parents as far as i remember my visa was for 90 days. I received my first Stamp 4 EU in may 2010 as you may guess i'll have the total of 5 years in may 2015 ( in 3 months ).

I am working right now and i have been working for the last 3.5 years with few gaps of course between them.

Few weeks ago i checked with a Sollicitor if i could apply for naturalisation months before the end of my Stamp, they said i better wait or my file could be waived and i'll lost my fee...

I saw cases of people here applying for Naturalisation months before the end of their Stamp and still manage to get the first letter how is it possible?

And then come my main question i was curious due to the fact that i managed to live without having any issue in the past between July 2009 - May 2010 because i remember well my father was with me at the time i came here so we went through all the process together.

So what was my surprise few days ago when i saw that stamp on my passport "Remain to stay but cannot work..." it's start at July 2009 to March 2010 it's more than 90 days and couldn't be a visa...

I came to the conclusion that this stamp was a stamp 3 (depends of EU national at the time?) my main issue come to the fact than i never received any GNIB CARD from that famous stamp 3, i don't know about others stamp as i just have stamp 4 EU but is it possible that stamp 3 they don't provide you the card ?

Well if that was a stamp 3 i could apply for naturalisation right because it's more than 5 five i'll wait for your reply

Thanks