ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Review Group Visa Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bebelbee
Newly Registered

Student Review Group Visa Process

Post by bebelbee » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:18 am

Hi guys,

Im from Malaysia, been living and studying in Ireland since 2009. I've enroll to ICT College in Dublin City Centre to do Degree in IT and got my student visa which valid till July 2013. To be honest, the fee is quiet expensive and i have been using all my saving to pay for it. However, due to zero hours contract at my work place,my saving is not enough to enroll for another year,so i decided to work more then going to the college. Unfortunately, i didn't get the amount that i was aiming for.

In July 2013, my visa was expired and i'm out of jobs,but there's college fees to pay and bill were piling up. I decided to go home for good,but i try to ask few of my friends to help me out. December 2013, a friend kindly borrowed me some money to pay for the college, but ICT College refuse to enroll me because of my poor attendance. I was introduced by the ICT Admin to another college,which willingly to help me out and send appeal letter to the immigrations. Convince by the help i get from the new college, i paid my fees and go to the immigrations couple of days later.

In immigrations, the officer refused to renew my visa because,i was 'MISSING' since July till September. Not happy with my explanations, he wants me to write an appeal letter to Student Review Group.

A friend of mine told me that Student Review Group took months to give you an answer,so he will introduced me to a consultants, which has helps him a lot and he's really good as well. But,the problem is, he's on holidays and i have to wait for him to comeback. End of January 2014,i've met the consultant and he advise me to write an appeal letter and i did.

While waiting for the visa,i went to college as normal students, took 1st Semester exam and just got the results that i pass all papers. At least something that make me smile.

However,it's already June 2014 and i haven't got any answers,letters,notifications or anything from the Student Review Group. I have no jobs, my bills have piling up, in other words i have no money. All my savings are gone! And i'm really depressed with my current situations now.

I don't know what kind of answer i need from this forum,but i do need something or someone to guide me to go through this process. Please someone,help me out…really need it.

leotchat
Newly Registered

Re: Student Review Group Visa Process

Post by leotchat » Tue May 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi,
please i am in the same situation at the moment and was ask to write an appeal letter to student review? How long did it take for you to get a response and please can i have the contact of the consultant who assisted you to write the appeal letter and does it accelerate the process.
thank you

SadieB
Newly Registered

Post by SadieB » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi there,

Well, I really hope you both had luck with a reply from Student Review Group! I am in a different position but was referred to write an emailed appeal to Student Review Group but was warned "it takes a long time to hear back." I have scoured boards and forums for info, and all I've ever heard is of people waiting forever to hear back! At this point, I'm in contact with a local Dublin solicitor who does not specialize in immigration law but can write a letter with all my documentation on my behalf to send via post mail to the Justice Dept, as a pressure to review my case. But anyway, I don't even know if I'll get a response either way....

Have either of you heard back from them? Any updates on your cases? Did you have luck contacting consultants/solicitors and gettinga response? in my opinion, this is such a total racket! I know it shouldn't be surprising how inefficient that system is, but it strikes me as really shady that our cases are just referred to this black hole of a system with no promise or acknowledgment ever of when our cases shall be reviewed. So beyond frustrating for students who are in a foreign country desperately waiting on answers! Or in my case, waiting back home with plane tickets bought and the time ticking down and no direct answer on our status when we arrive in Dublin....

Thanks!!

moonofjuly
Newly Registered

Post by moonofjuly » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi, I'm under the exact same situation as yours. I'm unsure if you can read this or not, I hope to get your response how to deal with that after sending them the appealing letter.
also, anyone out there used to struggle with this kind of problem with Student Review Group or currently struggling with,
please reply me here back.
Thank you all.

bebelbee wrote:Hi guys,

Im from Malaysia, been living and studying in Ireland since 2009. I've enroll to ICT College in Dublin City Centre to do Degree in IT and got my student visa which valid till July 2013. To be honest, the fee is quiet expensive and i have been using all my saving to pay for it. However, due to zero hours contract at my work place,my saving is not enough to enroll for another year,so i decided to work more then going to the college. Unfortunately, i didn't get the amount that i was aiming for.

In July 2013, my visa was expired and i'm out of jobs,but there's college fees to pay and bill were piling up. I decided to go home for good,but i try to ask few of my friends to help me out. December 2013, a friend kindly borrowed me some money to pay for the college, but ICT College refuse to enroll me because of my poor attendance. I was introduced by the ICT Admin to another college,which willingly to help me out and send appeal letter to the immigrations. Convince by the help i get from the new college, i paid my fees and go to the immigrations couple of days later.

In immigrations, the officer refused to renew my visa because,i was 'MISSING' since July till September. Not happy with my explanations, he wants me to write an appeal letter to Student Review Group.

A friend of mine told me that Student Review Group took months to give you an answer,so he will introduced me to a consultants, which has helps him a lot and he's really good as well. But,the problem is, he's on holidays and i have to wait for him to comeback. End of January 2014,i've met the consultant and he advise me to write an appeal letter and i did.

While waiting for the visa,i went to college as normal students, took 1st Semester exam and just got the results that i pass all papers. At least something that make me smile.

However,it's already June 2014 and i haven't got any answers,letters,notifications or anything from the Student Review Group. I have no jobs, my bills have piling up, in other words i have no money. All my savings are gone! And i'm really depressed with my current situations now.

I don't know what kind of answer i need from this forum,but i do need something or someone to guide me to go through this process. Please someone,help me out…really need it.