ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrinder Singh Route - to bring parents in UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

9elizabeth
- thin ice -

Surrinder Singh Route - to bring parents in UK

Post by 9elizabeth » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Hello,
Has someone used Surrinder Singh Route (though Ireland) to bring parents from Asia?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Surrinder Singh Route - to bring parents in UK

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Plenty but it's a common and known way of circumventing the UK immigration rules (which it is TBF), so currently being blocked and frustrated now, can only get harder cos UK will say, we're out anyway, WGAS....

Better learn some German or Swedish....

Wie müssen Gehen....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:48 pm

We are on our way in this route and looking to apply FP soon,

Finger crossed, will keep posted,

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:55 pm

The last report on the forum a few months ago showed that Eire were delaying around 10,000 applications for family member entry permits, with a high percentage from Pakistan.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:11 am

Casa wrote:The last report on the forum a few months ago showed that Eire were delaying around 10,000 applications for family member entry permits, with a high percentage from Pakistan.
Odd, I thought the Irish were tolerant and neutral!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:15 am

Wanderer wrote:
Casa wrote:The last report on the forum a few months ago showed that Eire were delaying around 10,000 applications for family member entry permits, with a high percentage from Pakistan.
Odd, I thought the Irish were tolerant and neutral!
Maybe not the ones who are handling the SS applications. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:51 pm

All,

On positive note, we received the response on our parents application in 8 weeks in Pakistan,

sport1214
Newly Registered

Post by sport1214 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 am

hi can i ask a question to any one experienced in this field brexit has occured nw and i have applied for an eu case and i hear it will take 2 yearss to finish but say for example we use the visa to apply for eea permot via the surrinder singh route will brexit change again. i hear it takes 5 yearss to get a residence card in the uk so what will happen to me if i get the permit britian leaves the eu before my 5 yrs residency card
look forward to hearing from u

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:27 am

sport1214 wrote:hi can i ask a question to any one experienced in this field brexit has occured nw and i have applied for an eu case and i hear it will take 2 yearss to finish but say for example we use the visa to apply for eea permot via the surrinder singh route will brexit change again. i hear it takes 5 yearss to get a residence card in the uk so what will happen to me if i get the permit britian leaves the eu before my 5 yrs residency card
look forward to hearing from u
You are right there won't be enough time for acquiring PR in UK for anyone who still has approx 2 years (or more) to go.
That's the case for regular EEA families and also for the Surinder Singh-ers.

Just hope for the British sense of fair play and some transitional arrangement to be put in place. Noone knows for sure.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.