ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The opportunities in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kuzaaah

The opportunities in Ireland

Post by kuzaaah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Please I will appreciate if any one can provide any useful information about the job market in Ireland for Non-EU migrants. I know there are several websites with information about jobs but I will prefer someone who is either based in Ireland or knows a lot about opportunities in Ireland to share his or her experience. My interest about immigration to Ireland is centred around the following questions;
1. How easy is it getting a job above the salary threshold as a non-EU national?
2. What is the process like? positive or negative?
3. Do employers welcome applications from non-EU nationals?
I have checked the critical skills list and I see some occupation, I am pretty sure I have the skills, experience and qualifications to do those jobs but I acknowledge that when it comes to seeking employment in the EU, those attributes are not enough. Is there any publicly unavailable information you think prospective migrants to Ireland should know?

I have two master's degree..the one of them is on analytics and modelling. I have just qualified as an ACCA accountant. I was to try the Irish job market but would like to get a feel from members of this website who have information about immigration to Ireland.

Thanks

kuzaaah

Re: The opportunities in Ireland

Post by kuzaaah » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:23 am

47 views ..no response? :(

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Finding job is bit hard at the moment and accommodation crisis but very beautiful country to live peacefully if we have enough money :)
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I do not want to discourage you as every one has their own luck and circumstances. Depends on each individuals circumstances like experience and history. Overall its not easy to find a job. For non-EU in particular unless you are someone with the right experience and qualifications. Dont fall for the big name companies and the jobs on there websites. I have been looking for a job and had the right experience, skills and qualification but have not been successful even to get an interview. I have seen some jobs being posted for years on the websites and no one has been hired. There is activity for smaller and some not much famous companies. But they dont really prefer to sponsor work permits. I have recently completed one of the well known Irish degree and have not yet seen this made any difference for me to get the desired job. There were a few non-EU class mates and I dont think any of those got a job though I think its comparatively easier to get a job if you graduate from an Irish university. On top of all that there is huge inflow from other EU countires and UK in particular as a lot of people have moved to Ireland considering tightening of immigration and visa rules in UK.

Having said all that I would still say there is no harm trying your luck....who knows...

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:34 pm

I think Ireland does not encourage immigrants and people of Ireland seems like not welcoming
Sorry my judgment so far

bruce9078
Newly Registered

Post by bruce9078 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Please advise best.

Am coming to study bachelor is Ireland.

After completion of Bachelor i will get only one year to find a job who will employee me but if i don't what should i do to stay back?

Explain me after completion of Bachelor what are the step to get citizenship?

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:46 pm

I am not a born Irish my self. I believe most of the Irish people are very nice and welcoming. But what I explained in my post above regarding the job hunt is my own personal experience. Others might have different views. In the past couple of decades the world has changed a lot and every popular immigrant destination have its own challenges. Ireland is a very small place as compared to UK, US, Australia, Canada and others. More than half of Irish ppl have emmigrated to other countries as well.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:48 am

bruce9078 wrote:Please advise best.

Am coming to study bachelor is Ireland.

After completion of Bachelor i will get only one year to find a job who will employee me but if i don't what should i do to stay back?

Explain me after completion of Bachelor what are the step to get citizenship?
What is your Intention?
To study? if so they warmly welcoming International students so you can study well! but no job guarantee! and it is not that simple to get citizenship as you think :(
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Thank you so much guys.

Cheers