ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

the Process of Getting in Married in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

azul1982
Newly Registered

the Process of Getting in Married in Ireland

Post by azul1982 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey .am No-eu citizen Living in Ireland actually i want to Married My irish Girls friend .Problem i Dont Know How to start i Mean which Paper and document i Need to Provide ?also i want to mention that My girls friend not working at the Moment like if we apply for me for residency did they will Help Us Thank You,

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:46 pm

azul1982
Newly Registered

Post by azul1982 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Thank You so Much For The Help
Last edited by azul1982 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

azul1982
Newly Registered

Post by azul1982 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:26 pm

]Thank you for your information
by the way am Morocain Living at the Moment in ireland Like you already explain to me th process about getting Married .Thats first Step what about the next step about me me applaying for permanent visa to live in ireland .by The way Like my Girlfriend she is not working at the moment Like when we get Married did i Have right To apply for permanent visa and what document i need to provide and take to The immgration with me.
Thank You So Much

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm

It depends on your current position.

If you are currently an illegal immigrant (visa expired or never had a visa) you may find it difficult to get married.

If you are currently a legal immigrant (work visa or student visa, for example) then you can apply to change to a visa for the spouse of an Irish citizen, after you are married. There should not be a problem with this. Then after three years you can get Irish citizenship.

If your girlfriend is not working and is getting social welfare, she can add you to her claim as soon as possible after you are married. If you have an income (from a job, for example) then that is counted as income for both of you after the marriage, but if your job pays a low wage she may still be able to claim social welfare.

Do you have any children? If yes, it is much easier to get permanent residence as the parent of an Irish child.
BL

azul1982
Newly Registered

hey

Post by azul1982 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks Brigidi from ireland
am legal in The country am on student visa my visa did not expire yet i have one year on it
yes she is not working she get social for me am working part time .
i just ask Like as soon we get Married i can apply to change my visa to permanat visa
my question is like they will me and they wont say no because your wife not working or something Like That Thank you So Much For Your Help i was looking to the website that they give me here the one of immgration abroad to see like the process after Getting Married and what document i Need take with me to the immgration to apply for permanant visa
thank you so Much for your Help

azul1982
Newly Registered

Post by azul1982 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 pm

sory i forget to answer your question we dont have any children at the moment and thank you for your Help

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 pm

On student visa = legal immigrant = can get married. It will be easy to get married, as your status is legal in Ireland.

You need to take the valid original marriage certificate to immigration to get a 5 year visa. Once you are married it is very difficult to refuse the visa. Then at the end of three years you can get citizenship.
BL

azul1982
Newly Registered

Post by azul1982 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Thank you so Much Brigid from Ireland for your information and Help

lia1234
Newly Registered

Re: the Process of Getting in Married in Ireland

Post by lia1234 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello azul1982
Im in a similar case so I would like to get all the information that I can, and sorry to ask but did you get married was an easy possess ? thank you!