ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for your approval date for Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bstar

Timeline for your approval date for Naturalisation

Post by bstar » Mon May 18, 2015 10:37 am

I have gone through nearly 50 applications for family , friends and etc .

Simple time line that always work : (Following is for normal 5 years cases : Spouses of Irish subjects get it quicker than rest but not ALWAYS )

First letter / acknowledgement = 3 days to 2 weeks maximum . ( usually 1 week )

Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything .

Now is the stress stage : Approval letter

Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days ) You should have an approval letter . If not you been naughty somewhere .

in the waiting time simply email them if you are not sure about how is your application progressing .

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks
Revenue / Benefit / Social checks = 1 to 2 days each ( usually 1 day )
Advance Stage 3 to 6 weeks ( usually 4 )
Minister office = 3 to 4 weeks ( usually 3 )

Does Benefits/ Social of any kind delays you application ===== No
Do they give approval while you are on benefits / social welfare or were in last 3 years ===== Yes

Traffic and other offences delays = Not at all if you have not gone to court .

Court appeared and cleared or found guilty or you went guilty yourself or what ever the case : Delay 3 to 6 months in approval on top of normal time above . ( This applies even if cases was strck off or you were fined and paid it )

Not paid fines / unknown fines etc = Can be deferred for 1 year by minister ( Reapply after 1 year ) 50% of cases .

Away for more than 6 weeks = No problem as far as you declare with a valid reason .

What to avoid : Solicitors esp Trayers & Company , brophy etc Department delays the cases as they believe you have something serious to hide / fight for . Otherwise why will you use a solicitor for a so simple application . This is what they think now so don't gun me down for that , take your own decisions . Nearly 20 cases who applied through solicitors are delayed for me from 1 month to 6 months .

SouthernWinds

Re: Timeline for your approval date for Naturalisation

Post by SouthernWinds » Mon May 18, 2015 11:25 am

Interesting.

According to this , they expect to approve early 2015 applications from the first week of June onwards in time for the July ceremony. Makes sense they picked mid-July for it.

Thanks for sharing.

SW

bstar

Post by bstar » Mon May 18, 2015 11:43 am

Yes exactly thats it . :)

kofiasenji

Post by kofiasenji » Mon May 18, 2015 11:51 am

Applied in October and second stage letter February 24th so when is it likely to have an approval.

rromeo
Newly Registered

Post by rromeo » Mon May 18, 2015 11:53 am

Hey guys,

I received my approval letter recently. I sent them the fees and GNIb BUT i have not received acknowledgement of any sort? What should I do?

I also wanted to ask you about my son, who will be applying for naturalisation. He came to Ireland in 2010 as as minor, but he turned 18 in 2014. I know that he has to make an individual application. He completed his 5 years in April 2015, but due to mistake from the immigration officer of not giving him an appointment for stamping visa..he unfortunately got a gap of 5 days in his visa stamps...therefore it would be September before he is eligible on the residence calculator to apply for naturalisation. What would be your best advise? Should he lodge his application as soon as I receive my Naturalisation Certificate (i.e in July 2015)? Should he write to the Minister of Justice directly? Should he wait until September? Should we consult and make his application through a solicitor? NB immigration officer is agreeing to his part of not accommodating my son for visa stamp.

I wanted to confirm the documentations for him: he is finishin up on his second level education and has been living with us. Would school letters be enough for his proof of address.?

Your help/advice and opinions will be appreciated.

Many Thanks. :)

bstar

Post by bstar » Mon May 18, 2015 12:51 pm

kofiasenji wrote:Applied in October and second stage letter February 24th so when is it likely to have an approval.

Should be around 20th June .

bstar

Post by bstar » Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 pm

rromeo wrote:Hey guys,

I received my approval letter recently. I sent them the fees and GNIb BUT i have not received acknowledgement of any sort? What should I do?
They will start rolling out invitations soon for 17th of July. So Wait .

rromeo wrote: I also wanted to ask you about my son, who will be applying for naturalisation. He came to Ireland in 2010 as as minor, but he turned 18 in 2014. I know that he has to make an individual application. He completed his 5 years in April 2015, but due to mistake from the immigration officer of not giving him an appointment for stamping visa..he unfortunately got a gap of 5 days in his visa stamps...therefore it would be September before he is eligible on the residence calculator to apply for naturalisation. What would be your best advise? Should he lodge his application as soon as I receive my Naturalisation Certificate (i.e in July 2015)? Should he write to the Minister of Justice directly? Should he wait until September? Should we consult and make his application through a solicitor? NB immigration officer is agreeing to his part of not accommodating my son for visa stamp.

I wanted to confirm the documentations for him: he is finishin up on his second level education and has been living with us. Would school letters be enough for his proof of address.?

Your help/advice and opinions will be appreciated.

Many Thanks. :)
I would say apply and dont wait . Explain it on covering letter

rromeo
Newly Registered

Post by rromeo » Mon May 18, 2015 3:58 pm

@bstar.. thank you for your help and reply.

I will have to wait as any other applicant. But i am becoming curious about if they received my GNIB and fees ( although an post shows it has been delivered and signed for), and about the 2 photographs which most recent approved applicant are not askd for.

Re my son..i will indeed write a cover letter ..explaining the situation.
Re the proof of address...what should I include (as he has no bills, statements etc to his name)?

Post by 110 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:12 pm

@ rromeo

can you share your time line, when did you apply and when did you get your approval, also were you asked to send 2 photos or not ? and if not did you send them anyway ?

bstar

Post by bstar » Mon May 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Approval from April 2015 do not require photographs . Pictures will be assigned from GNIB record .

zmac
Newly Registered

Post by zmac » Mon May 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Hmmm.. this information (if accurate) doesn't really give me hope, only despair. Applied mid-October, got second stage letter November 18. And still no contact whatsoever. Just emailed them today after 7 months of waiting and only got the stock response : Your application continues to be processed... will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached :?

Post by 110 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 pm

@bstar

How do you know if they are going to be from GNIB record & not from the photos supplied initially with the application ?

Also a recently Darr was approved and he was requested to send photos with the fees and gnib card, i am not sure if u are correct in stating they will be taken from gnib record!

bstar

Post by bstar » Tue May 19, 2015 8:35 am

Sorry I should have cleared this .

Recent photographs will be used which ever is more recent , if you have GNIB done after sending the pics then GNIB photos.

If no recent GNIB is done then pic you submitted wiil be used .

With ref to @darr I think he reported they confirmed later they dont need photo hence my statement above .

The whole system is changed and it circulates around you PID and ref numbers now . Infact PID has everything about you .

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Tue May 19, 2015 8:47 am

Hi bstar,

Thanks for sharing. Could you explain what's PID?

I applied in late January (Stamp 4 - Spouse of Irish National) and my timeline follows what you've mentioned before (received acknowledgement two weeks later and second stage letter 8 weeks after that on the 2nd of April).
Realistically ,do you think that are there any chances that those who share the similar timeline get their approval and manage to attend the July ceremony?

SW

Post by 110 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:12 am

@Bstar

It was Kunsky who was told they dont need her/his photos after he/she sent them an email asking to clarify.

Darr was asked to submit photos in his approval which was in May.

bstar

Post by bstar » Tue May 19, 2015 10:37 am

Ok I cant comment on that but no one need to send pics now . New system is in place .

bstar

Post by bstar » Tue May 19, 2015 10:42 am

SouthernWinds wrote:Hi bstar,

I applied in late January (Stamp 4 - Spouse of Irish National) and my timeline follows what you've mentioned before (received acknowledgement two weeks later and second stage letter 8 weeks after that on the 2nd of April).
Realistically ,do you think that are there any chances that those who share the similar timeline get their approval and manage to attend the July ceremony?

SW
PID is a number used to identify all cases .

In normal circumstances I would think you will miss July ceremony ( Sorry I know its harsh to say like that ) . Being spouse of Irish National you have a chance but dont keep high hopes . As its not a must but have seen couple getting fast tracked for some unknown reason as by law they have to treat all equally and in 6 months until and unless they can justify which is pretty easy for them to pull out a excuse out of bag internally .

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Tue May 19, 2015 10:47 am

bstar wrote:
SouthernWinds wrote:Hi bstar,

SW
PID is a number used to identify all cases .

In normal circumstances I would think you will miss July ceremony ( Sorry I know its harsh to say like that ) . Being spouse of Irish National you have a chance but dont keep high hopes . As its not a must but have seen couple getting fast tracked for some unknown reason as by law they have to treat all equally and in 6 months until and unless they can justify which is pretty easy for them to pull out a excuse out of bag internally .

That's what I thought too. We'll see what happens anyway. Still two months away for the next ceremony.

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:41 pm

bstar - this question to you , even if i made crime outside of ireland years and years ago around 7 years ago

bstar

Post by bstar » Tue May 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Rio29 wrote:bstar - this question to you , even if i made crime outside of ireland years and years ago around 7 years ago
Depends on many factors !

Where , When , What . Did you disclosed or not . Sentence / fine served or not .

Extreme case will be deferred for 1 year . But if its more that 7 years and if it was not serious you should be OK and not much to worry .

**** Everyone can do a mistake in life and you should be paying all life for it ! **** Pm me more details

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:05 pm

yes over 7 years and was six month prison in the uk because i worked while my visa expired , even i aapplied for extension and ukba at the time lost my file

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

yes over 7 years and was six month prison in the uk because i worked while my visa expired , even i applied for extension and ukba at the time lost my file ? I had so bad experience you will never imagine

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

yes it is over 7 years , was working when my visa expired

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:08 pm

bstar, please help me in advice i applied since September 2014 no approval yet

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:29 pm

i asked another question bstar, will you be bale to reply so stressful man