ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Ireland for holidays

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Travel to Ireland for holidays

Post by Peace2804 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:55 am

Hi all,

A friend of mine wants to pay me a visit, she's a non EU citizen but she's the holder of the French "Carte de Sejour" as she is married to a French Citizen, she's planing to travel with her son who's the holder of a French passport, unfortunately the father can't join them as he's currently very busy.

I am aware that Ireland isn't part of the Shengen zone, for this reason I have 3 questions:
1 - Can this person travel to Ireland for holidays with her "Carte de sejour" or does she need a visa?
2 - if it's the later would her application be different if she applies from French as opposed to her home country which is outside the EU zone??
3 - if indeed she needs a visa, can you please provide me with a link that explains all the documents needed/steps to follow??

Your help is highly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Re: Travel to Ireland for holidays

Post by Peace2804 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Any help regarding the above query would be highly appreciated!! Cheers.