ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Ireland with Romanian residence card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

avykumar
Newly Registered

Travel to Ireland with Romanian residence card

Post by avykumar » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:17 am

Hi Everyone , My Name is Avy and i am a Non EU national (India)
I am Married to a Romania Citizen and I have 1 year Residence permit/Residence card (Issued by Romania)
I want to Travel to Republic of Ireland with My Romanian Wife for Tourism for 3 weeks.

My question is:
1) Do I need a Visa to Visit for Republic of Ireland going with My Romanian Wife (EU National) as i have a 1 year Residence permit/Residence card aswell (Issued by Romania).

Thank you in Advance
Looking forward for the reply
Regards,
Avy

happymamma2

Re: Travel to Ireland with Romanian residence card

Post by happymamma2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:40 pm

avykumar wrote:Hi Everyone , My Name is Avy and i am a Non EU national (India)
I am Married to a Romania Citizen and I have 1 year Residence permit/Residence card (Issued by Romania)
I want to Travel to Republic of Ireland with My Romanian Wife for Tourism for 3 weeks.

My question is:
1) Do I need a Visa to Visit for Republic of Ireland going with My Romanian Wife (EU National) as i have a 1 year Residence permit/Residence card aswell (Issued by Romania).

Thank you in Advance
Looking forward for the reply
Regards,
Avy

I would say that since you are not a romanian citizen you will be viewed as a citizen of India so if citizens of india require a visa you will also require one...

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:56 pm

The Romanian card won't make a difference unless it was issued under European directive 2004/38/EC (unlikely unless you moved to Romania with your spouse after holding a residence card based on your relationship in another EU country than Romania).

You could possibly be allowed to enter Ireland without a visa if you are travelling together and carrying your marriage certificate.

However to avoid any bad surprise, I would recommend to just apply for a visa for accompanying an EU citizen family member. The Irish embassy should issue the visa free of charge and the only required documents will be a proof that you are travelling together (for example flight booking) and your marriage certificate.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:32 pm

You can visit schengen country without visa, but for Ireland and UK, you need to have a visa. You can apply for tourist visa accompanied with your eu spouse. Its for free but it may take 3-4 weeks until you get the Irish visa. Also, irish embassy will ask for marriage certificate, etc

arif2014
Newly Registered

Romanian residence card

Post by arif2014 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 pm

hi everyone help me please please please after trying to bring my mother and little brother to uk for 5 years every time I aapplied visa for them it was refused all the time I am British I have a good job and ssavings finally they managed to get Romanian visa can you gays help me here how can I bring them here to leave with me in uk frome romania do I have to work in Romania if so how long can they get eu resistant card please please please help many thanks for your time