ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling into North Ireland without wife?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Traveling into North Ireland without wife?

Post by robsters » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Can i travel into northern ireland without my wife for a day? she currently on a temp stamp 4, reason is i hurt my foot and need to visit a nhs hospital otherwise they will charge me a fortune here just to xray it.

indoire
Newly Registered

Re: Traveling into North Ireland without wife?

Post by indoire » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 pm

I travelled Northern Ireland many times and I am single, never married. Who told you, you have to have a wife to go there ?
you funny man..

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 pm

my wife immigration status is still temp in republic i cant leave the state without her so my question is can i enter the north on my own for 1 day if needed while she remains on her own in the republic its a straight forward question

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:18 pm

To my knowledge, As A British Citizen you can travel to the UK as many times as you want, this does not affect your wife's temporary status in Ireland as she will not be traveling with you (because she will remain in Ireland). The restriction to travel to the uk is NOT with you but with your wife. You can leave the country without her as many times as you want!!

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 pm

[quote="robsters"]my wife immigration status is still temp in republic i cant leave the state without her so my question is can i enter the north on my own for 1 day if needed while she remains on her own in the republic its a straight forward question[/quote]

If you would leave the republic for longer than 6 month the status of your wife would be debatable but not for a day.