ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling from UK to Ireland on stamp 4eufam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ial6734
Newly Registered

Travelling from UK to Ireland on stamp 4eufam

Post by Ial6734 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 am

Hi,
I hold a stamp 4eufam residence card from Ireland. I wanted to know if I will need my passport if in travelling back to Ireland from UK or will my residence card be enough with a learners driving licence (Manchester to Dublin on Ryan air travelling with my eu father)

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling from UK to Ireland on stamp 4eufam

Post by broli » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:43 pm

It's written on that EU4FAM card :mrgreen: : this is not an ID Proof therefore you must have your ID proof i guess will the passport .

Ial6734
Newly Registered

Post by Ial6734 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:40 pm

broli wrote:It's written on that EU4FAM card :mrgreen: : this is not an ID Proof therefore you must have your ID proof i guess will the passport .
Yh i know it's not an id that's why I mentioned the learners driving licence as that is an id and the residence card would be our entry as we become visa exempt because of the eu4fam?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:44 pm

I see ,

well i don't know how the police behave on the border , note that eu citizen can't croass the border with a Driving license they will at least a national id card ..

I hope someone else knows

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:23 am

Step 4 eufam card, passports & marriage certificate is what you need to bring. Make sure you either travel with your EU spouse or joining them in UK. Otherwise you need to apply for for visa

one2three

Post by one2three » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Yes obviously you need your passport along with marriage cert and your GNIB residence permit....

Ireland and UK is common travel area but only for Irish and British citizens not for other EU/Non EU residents.

:)
I am because we are.