ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

type C visa after study visa refusal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Solid23
Newly Registered

type C visa after study visa refusal

Post by Solid23 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi Everyone,
My wife applied for a type C visa (spouse of EU national) in Jakarta (she's Indonesian). We were informed before, that they processe those visas in Jakarta and the waiting time is 2 weeks.
Unfortunately after 3 weeks they informed us that because my wife had been refused a visa before they had to reffer the application to Dublin, and the waiting time could be up to 2 months or more (whatever that means). I asked if the visa will be still processed in Jakarta and the answer was yes, but they need approval regarding the application.
Have anyone experienced similar situation? How long will it take? Can they refuse the visa because of the previous visa refusal?
She applied for a study visa and got refused 6 months ago for 3 reasons:
1) Inconsistencies e.g. contradictions in the information supplied - Reason for travel.
Don't understand this one. Reason for travel was clearly stated.
2) No link to reference has been shown.
I was her sponsor, but we were not married back then, so I wasn't reliable enough I guess.
3) Previous educational or employment background is at odds with course applied for.
She's an english teacher and she applied for an English course. Which maybe is at odds, but actually that course would help her to find better job in her country.
We did not appeal, as it would take too much time again.
Anyway as you can see there was no serious reason to refuse the visa.
Any help will be appreciated.

LeBig
Newly Registered

Re: type C visa after study visa refusal

Post by LeBig » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey Solid,

An EU visa cannot be refused on grounds of past travel history, in a nutshell it can only be refused if the individual is considered a threat for national security ( terrorists..).
As long as you have provided the necessary documentation they must give your wife the visa.
I can't comment as to how long this takes with the Jakarta embassy.

Solid23
Newly Registered

Post by Solid23 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Thank you. I don't worry about the embassy in Jakarta, rather that the application will stuck in Dublin for months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Solid23 wrote:Thank you. I don't worry about the embassy in Jakarta, rather that the application will stuck in Dublin for months.
There is a backlog of about 7,000 applications, so expect a wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Solid23
Newly Registered

Post by Solid23 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Yes, I'm aware of this, but they said it'll be still processed in Jakarta, they reffered it to Dublin for approval due to previous visa refusal. It should take less in that case, but not sure.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Not necessarily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.