ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK driving licence: exchanging for IRL

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

UK driving licence: exchanging for IRL

Post by a.s.b.o » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:21 pm

I am Irish, living in NI. I hold the UK Driving licence. I want to exchange it for IRL one. I want to cross the border and to apply for one. What shall I be made aware of?

Go raibh maith agat

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: UK driving licence: exchanging for IRL

Post by jul1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Normally they ask for proof of address like bills on your name is the best, PPS number (payslip, original PPS letter, PPS card, Irish EHIC card), 55eur, you can pay by card on the spot. If you will go for it outside Dublin probably you dont need online appointment just walk in, put your name in the waiting list and will call you in 1 hour, you can to fill out the form on the spot.
They will take away your card and will give you a paper showing your new Irish license number, you can drive with that legally, they will send the new card to the proven address in 4 weeks.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:38 pm

jul1 wrote:Normally they ask for proof of address like bills on your name is the best, PPS number (payslip, original PPS letter, PPS card, Irish EHIC card), 55eur, you can pay by card on the spot. If you will go for it outside Dublin probably you dont need online appointment just walk in, put your name in the waiting list and will call you in 1 hour, you can to fill out the form on the spot.
They will take away your card and will give you a paper showing your new Irish license number, you can drive with that legally, they will send the new card to the proven address in 4 weeks.
Thanks! So I have PPS (for many years) and still have a bank account with my address. So thats technically sufficient?!

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:05 pm

i think so, and your passport maybe

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:15 am

jul1 wrote:i think so, and your passport maybe
Thank you for that!