ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maame
Newly Registered

UK to Ireland

Post by maame » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Hello Guys
I really need help with something, I just move in to Ireland a a month ago and am a UK Citizen am marride to NON-EU national who is from Africa..He came to the UK for his studies and now he is done with it but still have about 5 months visa let....i wanted to me along time ago but when i met him i decided to wait till he finish and now he done and i move a month ago and he just joined me two days ago....I drove him throught Northern Ireland which i was we were thinking of meeting immigration there but we did not....Now that he is here with me i need advice on what to do bcos i want him to stay here with me... I want to apply stay here for him so i want to know if there is any advice how i so go about it... Thank you

maame
Newly Registered

Re: UK to Ireland

Post by maame » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Any idea were we should start from??

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Welcome
Get yourself sorted
You can exercise your right by working
Fill an EU1 form for your husband and supporting documents for your applivation. I think you have about three months before which you must start exercising your right.

Get supporting documents like tenancy agreement, pay slips, PPS number, PTRB letter, bills in both of your names etc

You can go through the forum as there are lots of posts on this topic.

Be aware there's delay on applications from INIS and can take up to 10 months. Good luck

maame
Newly Registered

Post by maame » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Hello

Thanks for the advice, i already have the tenacy aggrement in our name but for now my name is on the bills...so does that mean we can not start things right away. And also if we process it, it will take 10 months to hear from them? Woow

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:21 am

Hi

If you have started working and got payslips then you can apply EU1 straight away. You will be ok as long as you got marriage proof. Get him added to bills though so that he can open account etc.

Where are you living in Ireland ?

You will get acknowledgment and temporary stamp after few weeks of application.

Best of luck !!

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Add his name to bills as it is very important he has evidence of proof of address for things like PPS , bank accounts and every other thing.

You could be lucky to receive acknowledgment between 12-16 weeks with temporary stamp while your decision is being decided. It could take between 6-10 months due to delays .

Any other questions feel free to ask here

maame
Newly Registered

Post by maame » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Hello

Thank you guys for your good advide, the thing is he just got here and i want to start the process soon, the only thhing that i got his name on is the tenecy aggrement as i was thinking me having a proof of address is important. Do you think this will help with the process?

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Well I think you have about three months before you must be exercising your right! What do you plan to do?
Are you job hunting? Or do you have a job?
Do you plan on schooling self employment or self sufficient route.

Tenancy agreement is good but you need to add him to bills as it is more accepted for proof of address or insurance statement.
Just try and gather the basic which I believe you can get within three months- bills (in both names), PTRB , PPS number, bank accounts, GP registration, employment letter pay slips.

Check the forum there are a lot of posts that will guide you.

maame
Newly Registered

Post by maame » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:52 pm

hello again

Well i think thats a very good advice,well i am not working now becos i wanted to focus on getting him the stay here so i can start working....i have enough funds to support us for long time.. So my plans was to focus on my husband get a stand even if he got the stamp 4 then i will start working.

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Self sufficient! Stand by let others advise you. I think you both need comprehensive sickness insurance(CSI).
Follow the suggestions so far and read other posts.
Cheers