ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update on my Irish long-term residency application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marialear

Update on my Irish long-term residency application

Post by marialear » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:44 am

Hi all,

This is more of a complaining post than anything else....sorry...

Just off the phone with a rep from Dept of Justice Immigration section. I enquired about my application for Long-term residency & was now informed that the applications are now taking 20-24 weeks to process & they are currently dealing with applications filed in April 2006..... I filed mine in mid-August.

sigh..... :( .......

Why didn't I just get married when I landed here years ago?........

At least it's Friday......

Maria

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:19 am

I can only sympathise. I just called the Dept of Justice to ask when my husband's visa application to return to Ireland will be processed. He has to leave Ireland in August, just a few weeks after our marriage as it isn't possible extend/change his visa status from inside the country. They told me they are currently very busy and so far the application hasn't been touched. Apparently we just have to be patient and they will get to it when they can.

A lot easier said than done when your spouse is at the far side of the world and you are very aware that any application can be easily refused because as they repeatedly remind us "marriage to an Irish national does not grant automatic right of residence in Ireland" :(

tabby
Newly Registered

Post by tabby » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:45 am

Hi Maria,

Could you please what is the prcedure to track the application for Long Term Residency?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tabby

marialear

Post by marialear » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:39 pm

Sure,

Not very technical I'm afraid, just phoned them & asked. The phone number is 1890-551-500, press #3 then #3 again for long-term residency when asked.

This extension is only open Mon, Wed, Fri 10:00am-12:30pm & 2pm-4pm. Beware, you may be on hold for ages or the automated voice may say the helpline is full, "please call back" and disconnect you! I recommend that you start calling a few minutes before 10am to ensure that you get connected. They will ask your name & when you sent it. They may also give you a reference number to quote when contacting them again in the future.

Good luck, just read a fellow poster who got it in under 14 weeks, so here's hoping!

Maria

tabby
Newly Registered

Post by tabby » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Maria,

Thanks very much for providing the info. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Tabby