ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT(Moving to Ireland - Non-EU Parent) - Entry Concerns

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

km_82
Newly Registered

URGENT(Moving to Ireland - Non-EU Parent) - Entry Concerns

Post by km_82 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:58 am

Dear All,

Good morning!

I recently became a British Citizen and I planning to move to Ireland on the 1st week of August 2015 as I have got a job to exercise EU treaty rights.

My mother is currently in the UK on a Visit Visa and she doesn't need a visa to Ireland because of Irish Waiver Program. So she will be joining me on the basis of a dependant moving with a EU Citizen (me) for another EU country (UK).

I have researched various topics and I am familiar with all the process and procedure from applying EU1 permit to Residence Card.

However I was unable to find any specifics on topics that discussed about the kind of stamp that will be issued on the passport for the non-eu parent and what to say to Immigration officer for getting temporary stay for first 90 days. There are topics with EU Citizen moving with their Spouse but obviously Spouse cases are stronger than non-eu dependant.

So I am bit concerned and nervous about the initial stage for my non-eu mother and if someone could answer the following questions, I would be grateful:

Norther Ireland Route:

1. What is the advantage of entering Ireland through Northern Ireland as oppose to flying to Dublin when a non-eu person doesn't need a visa in first place when they are travelling from the UK? I have people suggesting to drive through Northern Ireland and I don't understand the rationale.

2. If I come across an immigration officer (Irish), what should I say? Truth about my mother settling permanently with me or just visiting me?

3. What kind of stamp will be stamped on my mother's passport? There are different stamps like Stamp 0, Stamp 3, Stamp 4.. etc for visit, study, work, settling etc. My main concern is I don't want to end-up having issues with GNIB issuing Stamp 4 with my EU1 application just because my mother didn't have the right stamp (for example a temporary tourist visit stamp) when she entered Dublin.

4. If I do not come across an Immigration officer, I have seen people saying not to worry about the stamp. But in the same time I have seen people who had issues when they applied for EU1 without a stamp and that GNIB said is it illegal for a non-eu immigrant to stay in the country without a valid stamp even when the person is joining with a EU citizen through borders. So do I have to go GNIB when I reach Dublin to get a stamp for my mother for 90 days right?

Flying to Dublin Airport:

1. What should I say to the Immigration Officer? Truth about my mother settling permanently with me or just visiting me?

2. What kind of stamp will be stamped on my mother's passport?

3. Will I have any issues applying for EU1 Permit within 3 months time from the entry date to get Stamp 4 if she was stamped with a 90 days tourist visit stamp?

Any advise will be much appreciated. Looking forward to hear from you all.

Thanks for your time!

adedayoh

Re: URGENT(Moving to Ireland - Non-EU Parent) - Entry Concer

Post by adedayoh » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:04 pm

If ur Montserrat doesn't need visa to enter Dublin then it doesn't matter how u come in. U can fly or drive if u want.
You don't need to say anything to the immigration at the airport if u also don't want to. It's all up to u.
As long as you r exercising ur EU rights n can prove dependency ur ma will be ok.

Even ppl who came in illegally still got EU fam4 successfully so don't worry about that.
The 90 days stamp is what all visitors get, u just have to make u do ur ma's eu application before the 90 days expires. Once u have sent off the app it does take a while so even the 90 days expires while you are waiting for a decision its ok. Your case is with INIS.

Hope dis helped abit

km_82
Newly Registered

Post by km_82 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:27 pm

adedayoh wrote:If ur Montserrat doesn't need visa to enter Dublin then it doesn't matter how u come in. U can fly or drive if u want.
You don't need to say anything to the immigration at the airport if u also don't want to. It's all up to u.
As long as you r exercising ur EU rights n can prove dependency ur ma will be ok.

Even ppl who came in illegally still got EU fam4 successfully so don't worry about that.
The 90 days stamp is what all visitors get, u just have to make u do ur ma's eu application before the 90 days expires. Once u have sent off the app it does take a while so even the 90 days expires while you are waiting for a decision its ok. Your case is with INIS.

Hope dis helped abit
Thank you. Appreciate your time n suggestion!

amn635
Newly Registered

Post by amn635 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi bro

I m in the same shoes as you.

i have my parents and my 20 years sister, have you had any luck yet?

I m British and would like exercise the Eu right.

Thanks